Discussion Forums  >  Self Hosted Control Panels

Replies: 4    Views: 150

RonBo
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 26, 2012
Raleigh, NC
02/11/15 10:51 AM (9 years ago)

[SOLVED] Problem with file uploads on my self-hosted

I just got my BT 3.0 Self Hosting working, but I must be missing something. I'm able to create new applications, and I'm even able to use App Copier and it copies from buzztouch.com to my self-hosted. All my plugins came over just fine... What is not working on my self-hosted CP is the ability to upload files from Files/Media, or App Icon. I go into one of my self-hosted apps, chose App Icon, Choose file (this works, and I pick my *.png file), then when I press Upload, it briefly says "Uploading, please don't click anything", but then displays in Red, "Please select an image to upload". (BTW, this exact same *.png uploads fine on buzztouch.com) I checked my perms on /Files and it's set 755 recursively with Filezilla. Any other options to check in config.php? Almost there with self-hosted....thanks!

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
02/11/15 01:41 PM (9 years ago)
If we are talking about the icon uploading, well, it is peculiar. It wants to have an image 72 x 72, but you can submit a larger image as well. Since it is larger, you must first select the square 72 by 72 pixels out of this (possibly) larger image and then the system will swallow the icon in. The funny part is that I always create an image exactly 72 x 72, submit it and touch the icon as if I am selecting something in it, the system "gets it" and from then on, everything is just fine.

RonBo
buzztouch Evangelist
Raleigh, NC
02/11/15 01:48 PM (9 years ago)
This applies to any file I try to upload even under Files/Media. The ones that upload under buzztouch.com, will not upload under my self-hosted site. I did notice that all my *.PHP and *.JS files under /public_html/buzztouch/bt_v15/bt_app are permissions of 644, while the folders are 755. Next thing I'll download and look at the PHP logs from my hosted server.

RonBo
buzztouch Evangelist
Raleigh, NC
02/11/15 07:30 PM (9 years ago)
I completely removed my BT self-hosted, and did the entire thing again...getting easier! Same results as above. This time, i turned on PHP logging in my config.php, and get this when I click on Upload from http://www.curbside-industries.com/buzztouch/bt_v15/bt_app/bt_icon.php Oops, a PHP error was trapped. File: /hermes/bosnaweb08a/b1077/sl.curbside/public_html/buzztouch/bt_v15/bt_app/bt_icon.php Line: 109 Message: Undefined index: image Can someone help me take the next debug step to figure this out?

RonBo
buzztouch Evangelist
Raleigh, NC
02/11/15 09:06 PM (9 years ago)
SOLVED I'm using PHP 5.2 In my "php.ini" file, I searched for the file_uploads directive, and set it to On: file_uploads = On Even though the default for this directive is ON (http://php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php) my hosting provider had the default to OFF. All file uploads are now working on BT self-hosted.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.