Discussion Forums  >  Audio, Video, Playing, Recording

Replies: 5    Views: 283

Mike the App Guy
Lost but trying
Reg: Sep 19, 2011
Birmingham, Ala...
06/28/13 02:53 PM (10 years ago)

audio sounds in android app (quiz)

I figured out, with a little help, how to get the "right.mp3" sound to play in a quiz in an iPhone app using this info, and I'm trying to do the same for the Android version now: There's a trick to using your own sound effects. We didn't do a very good job of documenting this, or anything for that matter. It's a three step process to use your own sounds. a) Enter the file name in the control panel (got this) b) Add it to the Xcode project (got this - I put it in she sounds folder and/or images, because I heard it didn't matter WHERE it was stored as long as it was stored, but testing it this way didn't make any difference) c) Tell the application to load this sound (prepare it to play) when the app launches. You did not do this. To do this: a) In BT_Config > [yourAppName]_appDelegate.m file, find the loadSoundEffects method on line 854. You'll see where all the sound effects in the project are added to an array. Add your's to this list. Recompile. That should do it. (I did this, but i'm wondering if I did this right, and if there is anything more I need to do to use a different "right answer" sound in the quiz. Does anyone know the Android equivalent of the appDelegate.m, where these sound files are referenced, or how to do this in Eclipse?

LA
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 16, 2012
Jerseyville, IL
06/29/13 11:22 AM (10 years ago)
Hi @Daniel LaRusso, On Android it's basically the same with doing step a, b, and c. You can point to it in the java file . LA

Mike the App Guy
Lost but trying
Reg: Sep 19, 2011
Birmingham, Ala...
06/29/13 11:26 AM (10 years ago)
Where is the java file?

LA
Aspiring developer
Jerseyville, IL
06/29/13 11:36 AM (10 years ago)
Did you look in your app delegate file and make sure you uncomment the mp3 section? I haven't done this in awhile but it's around 120-130. LA

LA
Aspiring developer
Jerseyville, IL
06/29/13 11:46 AM (10 years ago)

Masons App Design
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 06, 2013
Andrews, TX
09/09/13 11:03 AM (10 years ago)
@ Danial Larusso, I am not sure if you have solved this yet or not but for android the steps are the same. Only when you download the project and unzip the file you have to place the audio file in the asset BT_audio file.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.