Sagacity726
Aspiring developer
Reg: May 31, 2012
St. Louis
09/08/15 06:24 PM (8 years ago)

Android Studio and Menu Image Rows plugin

When I run my app on the emulator using Android Studio, I only see the top header bar and the rest of the app is all white (blank). I added all of the images to the res drawable folder and also the mipmap folders. I am using the "Menu Image Rows" plugin, and i was wondering if I am doing something wrong. Please note, when I developed this app back in February of this year, I was able to download the eclipse package, and the app ran fine on the emulator. Long story short, the client just recently decided they were ready to move forward with the app (I made a few edits, and re downloaded the app but this time with android studio). I saw a few other posts that had similar issues with android studio and the "Menu Image Rows" plugin, but never saw a solution. Thanks in advance for any and all help!

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
09/08/15 09:18 PM (8 years ago)
I don't like to move backwards, but I'm still struggling with Android Studio as well. In a desperate attempt to get my product out for the client, I reverted back to Eclipse. Not what I wanted to do, but it 'did' work, and the product is available. There are great tutorials by GoNorthWest, and Dusko also has some good info about getting Android Studio going as well... But the bottom line is the bottom line; do what you have to do to get things done. Cheers! -- Smug

mutzy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 03, 2010
Medford, MA
09/10/15 09:27 AM (8 years ago)
Any luck on this? I just updated the android version of my app with Android studio about a month ago, using that plugin quite a bit, and everything worked fine. Is it just the images not loading? Can you post a screenshot? Josh

Sagacity726
Aspiring developer
St. Louis
09/10/15 09:55 AM (8 years ago)
Thanks SmugWimp and Mutzy. I will post a screenshot as soon as i get home from work. I appreciate the help!

Sagacity726
Aspiring developer
St. Louis
09/14/15 07:59 AM (8 years ago)
Thanks SmugWimp and Mutzy. I will post a screenshot as soon as i get home from work. I appreciate the help!

peterj
Apple Fan
Reg: Jun 19, 2011
location unknow...
10/01/15 12:11 PM (8 years ago)
I had this same issue this morning, and found a fix. The difference may be whether or not your app uses tabs. I posted my issue, and the fix I found, in this thread: https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=939F013C7E56CB2DA6A67F7

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.