Discussion Forums  >  Audio, Video, Playing, Recording

Replies: 2    Views: 136

MasonGranger
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 03, 2012
NYC
06/11/13 09:46 AM (10 years ago)

AT53 not working using video URL

I pasted the video url in the location line, but when I press play it simply says "loading..." for an infinite amount of time. I tried using the direct video url link on YouTube and also tried uploading to Dropbox and linking from there, both ways with a few different video files and all equally unsuccessful. It does this on both the iPhone simulator in xcode and on my physical iPhone. I'm new to this, but from all the resources I've read, it should be as simple as pointing to the correct video url, no? Am I missing something here? Thanks!

ATRAIN53
Code is Art
Reg: Nov 17, 2011
Chicago
06/12/13 07:28 AM (10 years ago)
If the video is not playing on the simulator then it's probably a file format OSX/iOS doesn't like. Apple seems to do best with .mp4 files. Try testing it with a video you record on the phone itself. Upload that file to dropbox and test it. As far as YouTube - Originally this plug-in wasn't "designed" to work with YouTube streams directly- But recently Alex@TM discovered that it does work with .m3u8 streams and had success with UStream. Such an Awesome share/discovery by him (Thanks again man!) https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=60C25E629958E6BA1D0FD5A&command=isSearching&currentPage=1&topicTitle=ustream&createdBy=&repliedBy=&minViews=-1&maxViews=-1&minReplies=-1&maxReplies=-1&forumCategory= I'm pretty sure that means it should work with YouTube (and other streaming services) as well - The trick is getting/finding the .m3u8 stream link for YouTube. That's not something YouTube seems to give up easily. I haven't exploited or tested it myself yet, but maybe some of these links might help you discover how to get a .m3u8 stream you can test? https://www.google.com/search?q=youtube+meu8+links&oq=youtube+meu8+links&aqs=chrome.0.57j64.3706j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=find+youtube+m3u8&ei=3IG4UcjkA8eE0QHhp4GIDw&start=10&sa=N&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&fp=82bd76d54945d297&biw=1024&bih=707 Go Hawks!

MasonGranger
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 03, 2012
NYC
06/12/13 10:28 AM (10 years ago)
Hey thanks for getting back to me so quickly, but still no luck. The initial video I tried this with was an .mp4. Then I shot a short video with the iphone, uploaded to dropbox, copied the direct link (right click, "copy link location"), and pasted in the video url space on the plugin. I also tried "share direct link" and emailing that to myself, then copy/pasting for the video url. Still the same infinite "loading..." on the simulator and on the iphone. When I press play, under 'All Output' on xcode, these three lines come up every time in succession: At53_video_player: movieEndedMethod At53_video_player: movieEndedMethod: ended due to an error Warning: Attempt to dismiss from view controller <BT_tabBarController: 0xbc219b0> while a presentation or dismiss is in progress! All I'm doing is pressing the play button. ps- And thanks for the .m3u8 info! That's gonna be Phase 2 after I get everything up and running. Go Flyers! (next year...)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.