Discussion Forums  >  Self Hosted Control Panels

Replies: 6    Views: 159

Saifu
Android Fan
Reg: Apr 07, 2014
MUmbai
03/28/15 11:01 PM (9 years ago)

Not Saved! {result:error, errors:nickname already in use, no duplicates allowed}

Hello Guys , recently I got the membership and shifted to self hosted Every this is going smooth but one error is eating my brain. When I add an item to meu plugin ( simple menu & susan`s image student ) and edit it`s fields like URL or Top navigation Bar I am seeing this error "Not Saved! {"result":"error", "errors":"nickname already in use, no duplicates allowed"}". Earlier I thought error is with susan`s menu student plugin only but seeing same error with simple menu plugin too :( Any guess ?

ictguy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 17, 2011
Mildura, Austra...
03/28/15 11:31 PM (9 years ago)
Hi Saifu, I'm not sure why but it happens? But it happens to me all the time on my self hosted control panel. The issue is duplicate screen names, so for example I have two apps both with a screen named "home", I go to edit one of those screens and I get the same error as you. The simple work around is to just rename it - I rename them "App name" + the original screen name. It only takes a second and you'll be good to go. Cheers Darrel

Saifu
Android Fan
MUmbai
03/29/15 12:25 AM (9 years ago)
Thanks for your reply ictguy , What I did is , I directly added values in Json data and saved & It worked :D I noticed that it is happening only when you add screens to your menu list If you carefully edit plugins before adding to menu list you won`t see this error. Your suggestion is also good (Y)

Saifu
Android Fan
MUmbai
03/29/15 12:26 AM (9 years ago)
In between Can you tell me how do I hide buton label in Menubutton plugin there is no option I tried this , "buttonLabelLayoutStyle": "hide", but doesn`t work.

ictguy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 17, 2011
Mildura, Austra...
03/29/15 01:54 AM (9 years ago)
I'm not sure how to do it without digging into the code but there is another plugin that is just a separate image for each row of the menu list items. Have a look here: http://www.buzztouch.com/plugins/plugin.php?pid=A7B806CA0D771CA234BCB15 Cheers Darrel

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/29/15 02:37 AM (9 years ago)
Editing the json directly is exacly what has to be done sometimes. To 'remove' the value, you also need to remove the key. So if your json looks like: { "itemId": "xxxxxxxxxx", "itemType": "sw_item", "buttonLabelLayoutStyle": "show", "someOtherJsonKey": "jsonValue", "yetOneMoreJsonKey": "jsonValue" } then totally 'remove' the line for 'buttonLabelLayoutStyle' keeping an eye on end of line comma, json validity, and stuff like that. { "itemId": "xxxxxxxxxx", "itemType": "sw_item", "someOtherJsonKey": "jsonValue", "yetOneMoreJsonKey": "jsonValue" } and save it. Cheers! -- Smug

Saifu
Android Fan
MUmbai
03/29/15 08:43 AM (9 years ago)
Thanks for suggestion smug, Actually It appears by default (not listed in Json )and there is no show or hide option given , options are just above button , below,& inside buttons. I am already using screen name in button image & there is no need to label it.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.