Discussion Forums  >  Audio, Video, Playing, Recording

Replies: 5    Views: 130

JayRod
I hate code!
Reg: Apr 03, 2013
Neenah
04/29/13 09:35 AM (11 years ago)

Rookie audio question.

I'm trying to upload audio effects and audio. When I select upload audio it wont let me add music files in the file control panel. I read a how to on here about adding audio files but then I went to my download and I don't have a BT_Audio or BT_Audio.m folder in project. Can someone tell me what is going on here. Thanks

Icion
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 14, 2013
Durban
04/29/13 09:48 AM (11 years ago)
From one rookie to another. What platform you working on? As far as I know iOS requires you to import the BT_Audio whereas the android should have it already built into the app. Reinstalling my eclipse at the moment, so I can't even see if I can get it working for you. Sorry

jvalley
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 16, 2013
Green Bay,Wi
04/29/13 09:53 AM (11 years ago)
If you have the bt control panel you cannot load audio and video files in the CP unless your self hosted. Throw them in your files after you import in to Xcode. Just give the name of the file in the cp.

jvalley
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 16, 2013
Green Bay,Wi
04/29/13 03:29 PM (11 years ago)
how many files are you looking at running

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
04/29/13 05:06 PM (11 years ago)
The files that you upload to your control panel, do NOT get downloaded with your project; they're basically just 'placeholders' for files that you will still need to add for complete functionality. with this in mind, 'do not' select a file (because it's not there anyway); just type in the desired filename (myfavaudio.mp3) into the text box. Just be sure to add it to your project when it comes to compile and testing time. Also, be sure to read the 'instructions.pdf' document that comes with your download package. 'Audio' (as well as other directories) are manually added to your project (in xcode). There are details/procedures that need to be adhered to, that are covered in that document. Cheers! -- Smug

JayRod
I hate code!
Reg: Apr 03, 2013
Neenah
04/29/13 06:42 PM (11 years ago)
Thanks alot guys. I'll give that a go around. I'm looking to add a ton of files and will be doing alot of apps. Would it be a good idea to go self-hosted and what is the best way/or service to go through. Can it be accomplished through dropbox (self-hosted)?

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.