Discussion Forums  >  Audio, Video, Playing, Recording

Replies: 3    Views: 115

JCGTS
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 17, 2013
McIntosh
06/18/13 05:40 PM (10 years ago)

video does not play when using the custom url plugin

Hi: I made an app for my boss which simply brings in his website. I used the custom url plugin to accomplish this. On the site that is being brought in, I have a video from youtube using the embed code. When you go to the site on a computer, the video plays fine, but when you open the app on the android phone it just keeps spinning and never plays the video. Since the custom url is kind of like an iframe, everything on the site should work as though you were opening it on a computer. My android is ver 2.3 and it plays youtube videos fine within itself. Any ideas? Thanks.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
06/18/13 11:38 PM (10 years ago)
If the 'site' works, and the link 'from' the site doesn't work, then it's probably some kind of code mashup within the Android environment. Have you tried a new custom URL with a youtube link directly? Also, somethings on Android I couldn't get to work with 'customURL' I DID get to work with an HTML page. you might try substituting an HTML document rather than a custom URL (and just enter the URL for the document source). Give it a shot and let us know how it turns out! Cheers! -- Smug

JCGTS
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 17, 2013
McIntosh
06/19/13 06:37 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks for the ideas, but unfortunately it's a no go. I tried using the custom url with a direct link to youtube, I tried using custom html, and I tried using html document, all with the same results. The video tries to play initially, but it looks as though a video player comes up and over rides the youtube player and it just hangs. Maybe it is the player that is built in to the android device, but it seems there would be a fix to this. This is the only thing that is keeping us from purchasing the self hosting package and I just am at a loss as what to do. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Movie Guy
Lost but trying
Reg: Aug 22, 2013
St. Petersburg
08/28/13 06:03 PM (10 years ago)
This is the SAME issue I am facing today. Although Im using IOS instead of android. Ive tried embedded link, direct copy from web browser address,.... but still nothing. Anyone figure this out yet? Brandon

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.