Discussion Forums  >  Self Hosted Control Panels

Replies: 7    Views: 188

mrDavid
BTMods.com
Reg: May 21, 2011
San Diego, CA
03/14/15 10:07 AM (9 years ago)

Whoa - what's happening? Error Saving issues, but not typical ones.

Hi folks, Suddenly, my Self-Hosted no longer works - I get an "Error Saving?" message when trying to do *anything*, save screens, validate API, even "check for Updates" in the Admin panel produces the error. No idea why - doubtful it's a apostrophe issue since the error is showing up outside of the app screens and in the admin panel. My other Self-Hosted server works fine, so I don't think it's buzztouch, but at the same time, we haven't changed *anything* on the broken server, same old app making process as always. Searching the forums produces not much help, wondering if other folks here are having the same issue or can offer some advice, I'm on a tight schedule and I already spent too much time debugging with little success. :-( Many thanks my BT friends. David.

fusionsch
I hate code!
Reg: Dec 28, 2010
Montreux Switze...
03/14/15 10:35 AM (9 years ago)
Yikes! Not BT (OK on my self-hosted). Smells like some upgrade ISP-side that scrambled authorizations?

Arubaman
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 20, 2011
Akron
03/14/15 02:46 PM (9 years ago)
Almost sounds like a database problem, are both servers hosted the same?

Arubaman
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 20, 2011
Akron
03/14/15 02:56 PM (9 years ago)
Or maybe something changed your directories with wrong permissions? See if they have 755

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
03/14/15 05:58 PM (9 years ago)
Just tested. Host gator here and all OK. What is everyone else on?

freesoftwarewiz
Code is Art
Reg: Apr 12, 2012
orange city, fl
03/15/15 08:11 AM (9 years ago)
I have had that issue appear sporadically off and on recently on our self-host - no explanation. It wasn't because I upgraded wordpress to 4.1 or the new theme we are installing. It Would do it a few times, then...vanish. I have no idea why. If I can capture and fix the bloody thing, I will post it immediately. :-) Joe C.

mrDavid
BTMods.com
Reg: May 21, 2011
San Diego, CA
03/15/15 12:14 PM (9 years ago)
Thanks for the responses. It looks like even Publish Changes shows the same error. According to Sam, she says that creating a new screen is fine, but updating the screen not-so-much. It's pretty much made our self-hosting useless. The weird thing is, this server (hostgator) has other self-hosted panels on it, so not sure why this panel just suddenly broke. Without any other way to debug, I might just have to create a whole new self-hosted panel, totally lame. Thanks though for the responses, appreciate them. David.

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
03/15/15 12:47 PM (9 years ago)
Hi David Since you are on HostGator, you should try to bring your problem to their attention. The easiest way is through the chat on hostgator.com. Recently I have also had problems with BT Control panel, but they would disappear whenever I restarted the MySQL server. I have a VPS with full controls (so to speak), so it is quite easy for me to restart any part of the server. (If you are not on VPS, you may not have this option at all, but the technicians can do it for you.) The main problem was that the thing showed itself only sporadically. The support technician at chat delegated the problem to Support, which means that someone really knowledgable will be taking care of your account. So one guy from support had a look a the account and could see nothing. A few weeks later, they had a closer look, on their own, and found that MySQL was breaking because it was the program that spent most of the system resources, and the rest of the software used to shut it off when things got critical. They optimized my account by taking down the anti virus software on the server, so that more memory would be available for MySQL. Still later on (about three weeks ago), they had another look, and found that some kind of a bot program was molesting the server by only getting large resources on it, such as images or videos. That again caused the MySQL server to shut down and that is what you see as a non-descript error on BT self-hosted server. They installed a plugin for the entire VPS account, through which all of the sites on the account would automatically ban the offending IP from which the attacks were coming. Now whenever some of my WordPress sites sent me a warning that an attack on the site were in progress, I just go to one place and ban that IP on all other sites of mine as well. Since then, the BT self hosted server continues to work without a problem. >I might just have to create a whole new self-hosted panel Try to the investigate things with their support first, otherwise, you might be facing the same problems again.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.