Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 3    Views: 43

TatorTot
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 25, 2013
Iowa
05/01/14 10:50 AM (10 years ago)

Suggestions

So been away for a while but I was hoping for some suggestions what I could use to make my site into an app. I'm hoping to have the same functionality of the website (Latest Posts, User Login, User Registration, User upload, along with categories) Just seeing what everyone would maybe suggest trying to use and mess around with. site is BoredomFeed.com

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
05/02/14 08:07 AM (10 years ago)
Consumption of your WordPress or Drupal web site can be done with code from http://BT-addons.com Allowing users to Login -- perhaps a customization of the Login Plugin will work for you. Allowing Users to Upload content -- what type of content? If you want to have full Admin functionality of WordPress, then use the WordPress app for Mobiles. No need to re-create the wheel. If you want to allow for User Generated Content via mobile, then it depends on what is the content and the particular scenarios. What are the scenarios? -- Niraj

TatorTot
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 25, 2013
Iowa
05/02/14 09:11 AM (10 years ago)
I like that. What I am trying to do is create a basic function app for my site but not use the wordpress app, sort of a personal thing for users. A good layout with a basic home which would include the latest postings. Log-in I'm looking that they can log in with the credentials they created on the website if at all possible. And upload content would be the same content that they are able to on the website.. so images, video, auido, sliders. Wondering if at all possible I could just use the "Post Upload" screen from the website for the app?

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
05/02/14 10:33 AM (10 years ago)
You are on the right track. Just remember to keep it mobile friendly! :-)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.