Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 5    Views: 337

Alex@TM
Apple Fan
Reg: Dec 20, 2011
London, UK
05/29/13 04:39 PM (10 years ago)

Live streaming with UStream and ATrains Video Player

Got his working very easily tonight. I am working on a client app that will require a live feed of sports action being broadcast from the app. Seemed potentially to be awkward, but follow this and you can do the same if needs be! I used Mac Safari then: - Change the user agent to the one used by iPad or iPhone Mobile Safari. - Go to the ustream web site. By viewing the inspection elements you can find the.m3u8 URLs. Those are URLs of the Apple HTTP Live Streaming contents and it is playable with standard AV playing methods. I have it testing and works an absolute treat. All the best.

Redbullet
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2011
Earth
05/29/13 05:20 PM (10 years ago)
Hi Alex, I'm using Android would it be possible to Play UStream in Android app also?

Alex@TM
Apple Fan
London, UK
05/30/13 01:54 AM (10 years ago)
Don't know enough about android, apologies

Dragon007
Lost but trying
Reg: Dec 17, 2011
London
05/30/13 03:20 AM (10 years ago)
I know you can do live stream using YouTube, you may want to look at this option.

ATRAIN53
Code is Art
Reg: Nov 17, 2011
Chicago
05/30/13 06:48 AM (10 years ago)
Nice work! That means this plugin could/should work for any of these streaming services that serve up an .m3u8 stream. That's HUGE. Here's the class reference on HTTP steaming with some good tidbits: http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#documentation/networkinginternet/conceptual/streamingmediaguide/DeployingHTTPLiveStreaming/DeployingHTTPLiveStreaming.html Youtube, Vimeo, GoogleTV - I bet they serve .m3u8 for the purpose of working with Apple TV. So as long as you can sniff it out that URL you're in business. This might be a good link to test it then. http://developer.longtailvideo.com/player/trunk/fl5/js/test/examples/m3u8.html Must try this out nd update the plugin readme/discussion to inform of this. Tasty find, this adds a whole new layer of functionality. Does it buffer/rewind or respond to any of the UI?

Alex@TM
Apple Fan
London, UK
05/30/13 07:57 AM (10 years ago)
I'll check when home later. I watched a perfect stream of a live mls game last night. As I thought, the link was dead when the game finished. But an update to the location and a refresh and you are back in business. It is indeed a huge find for this great plugin!! Finding the URLs is so easy too :)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.