Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
01/11/14 10:22 AM (10 years ago)

Terrific well-done app!

Something for our Plugin developers and our app Designers to notice. With a little effort and a few more plugins, Buzztouch-made apps can be like this one. National Geographic City Guides is a marvelous example of an app that follows the iOS 7 design rules. It is very obvious the Design team and the Developer team and the Content team is a fantastic Team of Teams. They also used many open-source components, which are listed in the credits. Go have fun, try the app! See if you can find the Essentials screen. Scroll through the All Statistics screens for each City. Very nice way to have an animated infographic! But first, get a napkin to wipe the drool :-) https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/city-guides-by-national-geographic/id592453480?mt=8 -- Niraj

Dragon007
Lost but trying
Reg: Dec 17, 2011
London
01/11/14 10:31 AM (10 years ago)
That's nice!

Joe Sprott
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 20, 2011
Melbourne, FL
01/11/14 10:48 AM (10 years ago)
@Niraj you are a vital source of inspiration for all of us around BT land. Constantly posting relevant material for our use is pretty great see you in San Diego Thanks Joe Sprott Bodacious Media PS the work is rolling in

LA
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 16, 2012
Jerseyville, IL
01/11/14 11:55 AM (10 years ago)
Nice!!! LA

ChrisYemaya
Code is Art
Reg: Jul 29, 2011
Orlando
01/11/14 04:05 PM (10 years ago)
the app looks great! thanks for sharing

NCbuzz
Code is Art
Reg: Sep 11, 2013
Lillington, NC
01/11/14 07:03 PM (10 years ago)
Wow. You were right- a really intuitive and well done app! Worked flawless on my iPad v5 and iPnone v7 OS. So often apps just crash on my old iPad1. Would be great if someone took the BT Menu Buttons plugin and pumped it up to match the button animation and size/dim behavior that this app had in the Grid view when you select the cities.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Cerritos
01/11/14 09:46 PM (10 years ago)
Good idea, NCbuzz! What other features would you like to nab from that app? Let's line up a request list. I shall attempt to satisfy with corresponding plugins. -- Niraj

NCbuzz
Code is Art
Lillington, NC
01/11/14 10:42 PM (10 years ago)
First PlugIn would be a (Grid Button Menu) Adds the following features: 1) Add option (default) for the solid color (default white )area below the button image that holds the text. (Like the NEW YORK)[Label Height] set in Control Panel. 2a) Single Tap selects that button. Visibly shown as the current item because this shrinks the other visible buttons by [shrink %], as well as dimming their brightness level to [dim level]. 2b) Additional tap on a current button item would perform the action specified in Control Panel. 3) Add ability for destination URL in Control Panel following 2b 4) Buttons are sized by grid dimensions of either # across(x) or down(y). Would not require set values in control panel for image size. Could still use a value for margin between images. (For example specifying 2 for across (x) would size for any screen width.) Separate value in Control Panel for Small Device and Large Device. 5) I test and purchase ;)

NCbuzz
Code is Art
Lillington, NC
01/12/14 07:25 AM (10 years ago)
Came back at it this morning and realized now I know why it felt like reinventing the UI wheel ;) How about having two images for buttons. Normal and Selected. (Had three in old VB days to include highlight state but we are not moving a mouse around on our phones ;) I assume that iOS UI code already has this capability, but I am just starting out... At the basic level Developers would be responsible to generate the two state button graphics using available icon tools. Have not looked in a long time but image there are tons available for free that would create embossed, depressed etc. A basic example of usage would be a keypad that changed buttons to depressed when a user tapped on them, and toggled them back when tapped again. Then if there was an easy way to change their button state via code...

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Cerritos
01/13/14 08:58 AM (10 years ago)
Good thoughts, NCbuzz. I think Apple automatically darkens proper UIButtons a wee bit upon touch. My memory could be wrong! Keep them rolling in!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.