miku
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 20, 2014
zagorje ob savi
02/26/14 06:49 AM (10 years ago)

iOS simulator doesn/t refresh

My project looks good in iOs simulator. If I make change on my host server, this change is not seen on simulator (but it should be at once, I presume). I always try with Project-Clean, Project-Build. I receive also ERROR error: could not read data from '/Users/milan/Documents/Apps/epesmarica-iOS-BTv3.0/epesmaricaTests/epesmaricaTests-Info.plist': The file “epesmaricaTests-Info.plist” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file. I think that Tests-Info is suspicious.

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
02/26/14 07:53 AM (10 years ago)
Refresh won't be automatic. You should get a prompt to refresh though if a change has been made. There's an issue on iOS projects related to this, where it's not always working properly. I'll post a fix soon for you. For the plist error, click on your project name in XCode to see the settings. In the targets section, you should see two entries, one being the 'test'. That can be safely deleted.

chris1
Code is Art
Austin, TX
02/26/14 07:55 AM (10 years ago)
Here's the solution I gave to David a couple days ago for the refresh issue: The problem with the Report to Cloud issue seems to be coming from the fact that we delay the BT_loadConfigDataViewController loadAppData method by 1.5 seconds to make sure the network is in place. By doing so, the method is loaded after the reportToCloud method is called in the appDelegate (which is triggered by applicationDidBecomeActive). A possible fix for this is to add this code right after the parseJSONData call found around line 180ish: //report to cloud (not all apps do this, dataURL and reportToCloudURL required)... if([[appDelegate.rootApp dataURL] length] > 1 && [[appDelegate.rootApp reportToCloudURL] length] > 1){ [appDelegate reportToCloud]; }

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
02/26/14 08:45 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks, Chris. I was having problems where the changes to Xcode'a config file would not be used. Instead, the Control Panel config file would always be used. Control Panel was last changed in January, Xcode config file was changed in February. Yet, the app would only use the January version on the device and in the Simulator. -- Niraj

Kingston
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 01, 2013
New York
02/27/14 08:35 AM (10 years ago)
Hi, I have a problem for auto refresh. When i submit an app to itunes and the app moves to live. When i do changes in our app server it automatically asks for auto refresh in the app when the app is installed on ios devices. And also if i download the app directly from itunes it does not asks for Auto refresh, again after downloading the app from itunes i have to refresh button. The first download from itunes does not asks for any auto refresh when changes done in app server. Will the above code help us to auto refresh in the app when downloaded from itunes.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Cerritos
02/27/14 09:18 AM (10 years ago)
Not many people know this ... The very first run of the app will not result in a data refresh. Only second run and subsequent runs will result in a data refresh. But only for data changes that happen AFTER that first run!

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Cerritos
02/27/14 10:03 AM (10 years ago)

Kingston
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 01, 2013
New York
02/27/14 10:05 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks Niraj for your reply.

chris1
Code is Art
Austin, TX
02/27/14 10:18 AM (10 years ago)
Niraj - once config data is cached, the app will no longer look at the bundled file, even if you change it and upload an update to the App Store. That's by design.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.