Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 4    Views: 324

eJucomm
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 22, 2010
McAllen
12/06/11 12:22 PM (12 years ago)

App rejected for rounded corners

So maybe the buzztouch community might have warned me about this somewhere else but my app was rejected for having rounded corners on the button. According to them it was too similar to ios homescreen. Hmm, just wanted to share and save someone the hassle. Back to resubmitting! with no rounded corners!

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
12/06/11 12:36 PM (12 years ago)
That sounds kinda bogus! I have rounded corners on buttons in my Button Menu, and had no issues with my app! Sounds like you got a bad reviewer...I'd try to submit again and hope for a different reviewer. Mark

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
12/06/11 01:43 PM (12 years ago)
Crazy for sure. However, I have seen some designs that do look alarmingly similiar to the iOS home screen and it makes sense that they would not dig that. Maybe make some simple adjustments to button size, layout in contorl panel and see where you get. Should be fine. And, after it's approved, and after it's being distributed, you could easily change it back to the way it is now without re-submitting an update ;-)

Korkut Ata
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 09, 2011
Luxembourg
12/08/11 04:15 AM (12 years ago)
That happened exactly same to my app after having a review 7 days... now will submit with square ones. :) 8:3

naguchennai
Android Fan
Reg: Jun 26, 2011
india chennai
01/31/12 01:44 PM (12 years ago)
hahaha its also happened to me... really they are very funny... thay take too much time for review.. then simply told rejected. I think this is not a alignment issue.. may be u stole icons from ios.. ur icons look like a ios icons... U need creat ur own icons..i am right?

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.