Discussion Forums  >  Introduce Yourself

Replies: 2    Views: 127

Kayakandy
Apple Fan
Reg: Sep 15, 2012
Sacramento
11/20/14 02:40 PM (9 years ago)

Contractor Access

I am having someone else build my app. Do I provide him with my login info or is there another access login for second party contractors.

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
11/20/14 03:33 PM (9 years ago)
For the last nine months or so I find myself continually working for the people here in Buzztouch. Sometimes those were entire apps, according to their blueprints, more often, those were "only" particular plugins, that they have commissioned me for. Some of my clients were self hosted and some were not, however, literally all of them let me in into their buzztouch control panels without second thought, as an admin. Those with self hosted also gave me access to their ftp servers, so I could be able to upload the plugins I were making for them, on my own. So far I did not damage anything on those servers, however, I always took the utmost degree of care not to! I also always tell them to backup before giving access to me, just to be on the safe side. I also use an excellent plugin by Chris1, App Copier, with which I create a backup version on my own Buzztouch self hosted server. I develop the plugins / apps on my server and only once or twice do I access their server, when the job is finished and they can start downloading their apps with the plugins. It is a matter of trust you have in them and it is a matter of their skills. In an ideal case, you give them access and they work faster and better. In the worst case, you will be weeping while uploading the last server backup to the accidentally deleted parts of your server. The choice is yours, though.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
11/21/14 12:38 AM (9 years ago)
Dusko has a careful approach and he is indeed a developer to be trusted. Heed his advice, it will serve you well. I advise my clients to change the password to something silly and memorable for me. Upon completion, I remind the client to switch the password to their preferred value. Finally, I would ask the contractor to work in their own space. Either on their own server or in another (clone) app on your account. Please share your brilliant results when the app is done! -- Niraj

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.