Discussion Forums  >  Audio, Video, Playing, Recording

Replies: 2    Views: 80

farcat
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 27, 2012
France
03/27/13 03:09 AM (11 years ago)

hear nothing, see nothing, say something... sound issue

Hi Gang, I am trying to do something that should be easy but I am stuck : adding sound to tabbed icons. Right: - I have added the .mp3 sound to xcode (in the BT_sound folder, I can see it is there and I can play it in Xcode) - I have added the file in my Self-hosted control panel (Files/Media - Upload to Audio). - I have selected that sound effect in Tabbed-layout. - I have recompiled. Not working on Simulator or on the device. Any idea please? Cheers, Farcat

MGoBlue
Apple Fan
Reg: Jun 07, 2011
Gold River, CA
03/27/13 03:53 AM (11 years ago)
I believe you need to add the sound effects into your app delegate file. Find this section of your _appDelegate.m file: /* loadSoundEffects... the sound effects you want to use must be added to your Xcode project then added to this soundEffectNames array. See example on line 1110, 1111.. */ /* [self.soundEffectNames addObject:@"basso.mp3"]; [self.soundEffectNames addObject:@"blow.mp3"]; */ You'll need to add them as in the example above and un-comment them.

farcat
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 27, 2012
France
03/27/13 05:58 AM (11 years ago)
Thanks @MGoblue. Works perfectly now. :) Farcat

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.