Discussion Forums  >  BT.com Website, Account Questions

Replies: 7    Views: 211

mutzy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 03, 2010
Medford, MA
01/12/14 05:19 PM (10 years ago)

bring back my usage map please

I asked something like this awhile ago without much luck but BT has changed so much since then I figured it was time for another try. I REALLY liked my app's usage map when I first starting using BT. However I have since "disconnected" my app because I didn't want users to be prompted to refresh every time I changed something in my control panel. I do that in part by removing the dataURL and reporttocloudURL sections from my config.txt file. Is there any possible way to keep the app from prompting to refresh, as it does not, but still report location data back to BT so I can use my usage map again??? That would really make my day. Thanks! Josh

mrDavid
BTMods.com
Reg: May 21, 2011
San Diego, CA
01/12/14 05:26 PM (10 years ago)
Hi Josh, It sounds like that if the app is "disconnected" from the control panel, it is exactly that - not connected, there's no physical way for the usage map to grab data from an app that wont communicate to it. Am I understanding your circumstances correctly? David

mutzy
Aspiring developer
Medford, MA
01/12/14 05:32 PM (10 years ago)
Yes. But I was hoping there was a way to have it connected, so the usage map works, but NOT have users prompted to refresh their app. Asking for the best of both worlds, I know.

mrDavid
BTMods.com
Reg: May 21, 2011
San Diego, CA
01/12/14 05:35 PM (10 years ago)
Keep it connected, then remove the code for the prompt. It will be a connected app, but no-one will get prompts. That's the idea, anyways. :-) David

AussieRyan
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 21, 2012
Margate, QLD Au...
01/12/14 05:42 PM (10 years ago)
You used to be able to set the app to automatically refresh and not show the alert https://www.buzztouch.com/files/howtos/AutomaticRefresh.pdf I just tried this but it does not work in the new code. Is there a fix

mutzy
Aspiring developer
Medford, MA
01/12/14 05:48 PM (10 years ago)
Where exactly is the code for the prompt? The appdelegate file? I only want to remove what I need to (and then put it back when I'm testing on my own device.)

Jake Chasan
Veteran developer
Reg: May 13, 2011
location unknow...
01/12/14 10:02 PM (10 years ago)
@Mutzy: You could use the Live vs. Design mode to fix this problem, that way, until you publish, users will not be prompted to refresh. You could also just remove the code for the refresh button. Go to Xcode, and find the file named "BT_viewController.m." Find the section named "//tabbed apps only the first tab will show the refresh button.", then remove the following code: UIBarButtonItem *theRefreshButtonItem = [[UIBarButtonItem alloc] initWithBarButtonSystemItem:UIBarButtonSystemItemRefresh target:appDelegate action:@selector(refreshAppData)]; [self.navigationItem setLeftBarButtonItem:theRefreshButtonItem]; Does this help? Jake

MadRod
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 12, 2012
Lisbon
01/13/14 06:24 AM (10 years ago)
Live vs design seems the right way to go.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.