Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 2    Views: 70

Caslor
Android Fan
Reg: Jul 26, 2013
athens
02/15/14 12:14 PM (10 years ago)

Login Screen (android)

I am not sure if i should post it here or to eclipse.. As i wanted to have as less as i could permisions to my new free app (users most of them afraid when they see that the app ''will'' have access to their contacts etc ... So i removed most of them and left only these : <!-- required device permissions --> <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" /> <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE" /> <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" /> <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE" /> <!-- Google Cloud Messaging permissions --> <permission android:name="com.aircooledvwlite.permission.C2D_MESSAGE" android:protectionLevel="signature" /> <uses-permission android:name="com.aircooledvwlite.permission.C2D_MESSAGE" /> <uses-permission android:name="com.google.android.c2dm.permission.RECEIVE" /> i test my app and works fine and the only thing that doesent work is the login function... i press to login to my app and doesnt do anything So what permision is needed for this?

mysps
Code is Art
Reg: May 14, 2011
Palma
02/15/14 12:42 PM (10 years ago)
try eliminating a few at time. i wish i knew but perhaps play with these <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS" /> <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_CONTACTS" /> <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE" /> <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_CONTACTS" /> The process of elimination always works for me :) Maybe someone can chip in.

Caslor
Android Fan
Reg: Jul 26, 2013
athens
02/15/14 02:39 PM (10 years ago)
thanks for the reply :) Find out the problem.. wasnt any missing permission. It was from self hosted server.. it was not connected in ''arrowAuthentication URL, Login / Password labels'' to the plugin table But i find out an other problem... my adds were missing.. for this the problem was the <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION" /> without that maybe admob couldnt see the region of the device so couldnt display any adds i replace it back and everything works fine again :) Here is the minimum permissions i use now : <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" /> <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE" /> <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" /> <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE" /> <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION" />

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.