aquila198
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 22, 2011
location unknow...
03/26/16 06:01 AM (8 years ago)

Missing Plugin [Self Hosted v.3.0]

Hiya Folks - Many happy hellos. There are a few threads about the missing plugin error. Here's my latest challenge: 1) I downloaded all the assets 2) Openend them up 3) dragged the plugins (using the "create groups" command) and it's still occurring... I am only using several basic plugins: - menu w/header - html doc - url - carousel any ideas what's happening? thanks a bunch! [ps - i would love a '4' next to my icon when those fancy images come avail]

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
03/26/16 12:26 PM (8 years ago)
Don't know why it is happening, it is usually the way the pugins are dragged in, but sounds like you are doing it correctly. It might help to start a new project with just one plugin like html/text, get the confidence that you can get that to run, then build it up slowly with more plugins one at a time. Baby steps...

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/26/16 03:52 PM (8 years ago)
Just for giggles, delete your plugins, and add them again. When adding them, ensure the dialog box appears. When the dialog box appears, ensure the 'copy items if needed' is checked. If they're already there, the system won't copy them into the project. "Added folders" should be set to 'create groups'. and Most importantly, your project checkbox needs to be checked in 'Add to targets'. That has messed me up more than once, when it wasn't checked and I didn't catch it. If this is complete, things should work. If things still don't work, check your json for the 'itemType' and make sure that it matches the classname of the plugin letter for letter. make sure the itemId of the menu is asking for a valid itemId of the plugin. If you still have issues, stop back and we'll shoot again. Cheers! -- Smug Oh yeah, Happy Easter!

aquila198
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 22, 2011
location unknow...
03/27/16 05:23 AM (8 years ago)
Smug & AlanMac - Thank you both! I'll give it a go and see what happens - Happy Easter to you as well!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.