teamcaz
I hate code!
Reg: Jun 12, 2011
carlsbad
11/10/13 03:14 PM (10 years ago)

How to integrate a comment button in Mac image gallery

Does anyone have a tutorial on integrating a comment button within the mac image gallery plugin?

tb
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Nov 03, 2011
Oxford
11/10/13 04:30 PM (10 years ago)
Hmm... this would be a nice feature. In the meantime, have you tried looking at the Thumb Viewer plugin? I must admit that I don't use this plugin, but I think I may start to use this plugin. To solve this issue though, I suppose you could always send some mail to MacApple.

Absentia
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Oct 20, 2011
Alaska
11/10/13 05:38 PM (10 years ago)
This can be done with Scringo..I posted a thread about it a while back. I'll post the link here later if you don't find it before then

teamcaz
I hate code!
carlsbad
11/10/13 06:10 PM (10 years ago)
Yes please do :)

Absentia
buzztouch Evangelist
Alaska
11/10/13 06:47 PM (10 years ago)

Absentia
buzztouch Evangelist
Alaska
11/10/13 06:47 PM (10 years ago)
By the way, that tutorial says you need the Socialize SDK, but that's a mistake..you need the Scringo SDK obviously. Let me know if you get stuck on anything

teamcaz
I hate code!
carlsbad
11/10/13 07:01 PM (10 years ago)
I get 1 error: ((UINavigationController*)[appDelegate.rootApp.rootNavController.retain retain ]).navigationBar.topItem.rightBarButtonItems = [NSArray arrayWithObjects:commentButton, likeItButton, nil]; for this line of code it gives me error: Use of undeclared Identifier: appDelegate now I found this that you posted: //appDelegate onedirectionv2_appDelegate *appDelegate = (onedirectionv2_appDelegate *)[[UIApplication sharedApplication] delegate]; The block of code will look exactly the same in your project except, obviously, "onedirectionv2" will be replaced with whatever your project name is. You should find your own occurence of that code in a plugins "view will appear" method. Find that code and paste it at the top of the updateNavigation method. But I don't get what your saying about find the code and paste it at the top of the updateNavigation method... where is the updateNavigation method?

Adam
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 23, 2010
Southern Califo...
11/10/13 07:29 PM (10 years ago)
Change the onedirectionv2 to your project name. I tried contacting you through email the last few days and haven't gotten a response. Adam

teamcaz
I hate code!
carlsbad
11/10/13 07:39 PM (10 years ago)
Sorry I've been meaning to get back to you. I figured out how to do the push notifications, for some reason I can't upload the .pem file but I will figure that out. This issue tho I found that code but where do I post it?

teamcaz
I hate code!
carlsbad
11/10/13 07:53 PM (10 years ago)
Absentia any idea? I get 1 error: ((UINavigationController*)[appDelegate.rootApp.rootNavController.retain retain ]).navigationBar.topItem.rightBarButtonItems = [NSArray arrayWithObjects:commentButton, likeItButton, nil]; for this line of code it gives me error: Use of undeclared Identifier: appDelegate now I found this that you posted: //appDelegate onedirectionv2_appDelegate *appDelegate = (onedirectionv2_appDelegate *)[[UIApplication sharedApplication] delegate]; The block of code will look exactly the same in your project except, obviously, "onedirectionv2" will be replaced with whatever your project name is. You should find your own occurence of that code in a plugins "view will appear" method. Find that code and paste it at the top of the updateNavigation method. But I don't get what your saying about find the code and paste it at the top of the updateNavigation method... where is the updateNavigation method?

Absentia
buzztouch Evangelist
Alaska
11/11/13 02:55 AM (10 years ago)
sorry..I was a little busy today, but hopefully I can get this going for you ok, in step 3 of the tutorial I linked to, paste the following line of code before all the rest of the code in that step (step 3) - YOUR_APP_NAME *appDelegate = (YOUR_APP_NAME_appDelegate *)[[UIApplication sharedApplication] delegate]; just replace "YOUR_APP_NAME" with the app name in your project

teamcaz
I hate code!
carlsbad
11/11/13 05:25 AM (10 years ago)
Absentia any idea? I get 1 error: ((UINavigationController*)[appDelegate.rootApp.rootNavController.retain retain ]).navigationBar.topItem.rightBarButtonItems = [NSArray arrayWithObjects:commentButton, likeItButton, nil]; for this line of code it gives me error: Use of undeclared Identifier: appDelegate now I found this that you posted: //appDelegate onedirectionv2_appDelegate *appDelegate = (onedirectionv2_appDelegate *)[[UIApplication sharedApplication] delegate]; The block of code will look exactly the same in your project except, obviously, "onedirectionv2" will be replaced with whatever your project name is. You should find your own occurence of that code in a plugins "view will appear" method. Find that code and paste it at the top of the updateNavigation method. But I don't get what your saying about find the code and paste it at the top of the updateNavigation method... where is the updateNavigation method?

teamcaz
I hate code!
carlsbad
11/11/13 05:36 AM (10 years ago)
Absentia you are my hero! it works! One final question if I may, so I have the scringo button activated in all of my screens. Is it possible to take out the scringo button in just the mac image gallery screen? Id like to do this because after someone comments on a picture the comment button turns back into the scringo button... again thank you!

teamcaz
I hate code!
carlsbad
11/11/13 01:48 PM (10 years ago)
Absentia you are my hero! it works! One final question if I may, so I have the scringo button activated in all of my screens. Is it possible to take out the scringo button in just the mac image gallery screen? Id like to do this because after someone comments on a picture the comment button turns back into the scringo button... again thank you!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.