Absentia
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Oct 20, 2011
Alaska
01/12/14 02:48 AM (10 years ago)

Scringo Push/System messages are sloooow

I love Scringo so much, I actually feel kind of bad posting negative things about them. I'm just wondering if anybody else has had similar experiences using Scringo push notifications and system messages I recently sent a system message out in one of my apps and it literally took about 20 hours until I actually saw it appear in the app. I've had the same luck with push notifications - I will send one out and see it pop up on my phone many hours later. This is pretty weak compared to other services such as Appoxee and Pushwoosh - both of those services send push notifications almost immediately. The only difference is that Appoxee would cost well over $500 a month and Pushwoosh would cost me about $300 a month. I've hit my free use limit with both of these services, and that is why I've been experimenting with Scringo It seems to me like Scringo is hitting the breaking point with how much they can offer for free. Their servers clearly cannot handle push notifications. Hey Ofer, if you're reading this...why not have high speed servers reserved for paying users? I would happily pay $150 a month to Scringo for lightning fast push notifications and system messages

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
01/12/14 09:02 AM (10 years ago)
One mans pain is another one's pleasure. That is super cool that you are making money on your apps! :-) Don't forget about Amazon's Push Notifications service. 1 million per month is free. Let us know the catch. Good going, Absentia! Still kicking myself on the missed opportunity to shake hands :-( Rock on! :-) -- Niraj

chadh0130
Apple Fan
Reg: Nov 05, 2011
Rhode Island
01/12/14 11:04 AM (10 years ago)
I haven't had that much of a problem with Scringo's messages. I haven't been able to get the message appear on the lock screen but the system messages push through almost immediately. I guess it really depends on how many users the message is sending out to. I'm guessing with "your" apps, that its going out to ALOT of members so it may take some time, but 20 hours is a long time for that. I am actually trying to integrate Pushwoosh now and following their tutorial is not exactly easy. @absentia -I was wondering if you'd like to make some money, could you help me out with integrating pushwoosh into the app I'm working on now?

Absentia
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Oct 20, 2011
Alaska
01/12/14 04:14 PM (10 years ago)
@Niraj - thanks for the tip on Amazon..I didn't even know they had a push service. I'll have to check that out @WaYsTiiD - no payment needed. What part of the integration are you stuck on?

chadh0130
Apple Fan
Reg: Nov 05, 2011
Rhode Island
01/12/14 04:57 PM (10 years ago)
I'm stuck on the whole part..I've watch the video tutorial they had made over a year ago and I'm confused because they integrate a xcode project inside of your existing app and I've never seen that done before so I'm confused by the whole process. Would you be willing to take this offline and I could shoot you an email?

TFVPCMG
Lost but trying
Reg: Dec 14, 2009
Orange County, ...
01/29/14 12:48 PM (10 years ago)
@abstentia I installed parse.com and the push arrives within second. 1,000,000 free this is a blast. I just posted a message from a clients account. I am sure not lady chantico skky LOL. I better log out Joe Sprott Bodacious Media

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.