Discussion Forums  >  Introduce Yourself

Replies: 9    Views: 111

AppTitan
Lost but trying
Reg: Jun 08, 2014
ventura
06/10/14 10:51 AM (9 years ago)

New To Apps and building them.

Hi there, I am just starting to get into making apps, it seams like fun. I am at apoint where i am making the android zip file and trying to use eclipse. This is where I am totally lost. It seems I need the Android SDK to get the emulator and I'm not sure what to do now. I have my Zip file, eclipse, and the SDK. it all looks very complicated. It might just be that I am looking at this wrong. Just need some help. Thank you Matt

Nicks App
Code is Art
Reg: May 21, 2014
Las Vegas
06/10/14 11:01 AM (9 years ago)
GoNorthWest has made a training video, which not only works, but is the fastest and most complete training video or document on line these days. He made it a week ago, and put it in his DropBox, so you should ask him if that is where he has it today, for you to follow along with. It is an incredibly learned piece of work, and had me up and running with Eclipse in minutes, after 2 weeks of 4-5 failed tries, using old and less learned materials on line.

AppTitan
Lost but trying
ventura
06/10/14 11:57 AM (9 years ago)
Thank you, I will give it a shot.

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
06/10/14 03:37 PM (9 years ago)
GoNorthWest is the man. The original and best! Post back when you get it sorted.

AppTitan
Lost but trying
ventura
06/10/14 07:30 PM (9 years ago)
I watched and looked through GoNorthWest youtube videos and the BT to emulator was very informative. I was wondering if GoNorthWest could chime in and maybe direct me to the video that Nicks App was talking about. I will keep digging around and try to learn more about how to get this aspect of the app making process down. Thank you Matt

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
06/10/14 07:39 PM (9 years ago)
He posted in https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?fid=3472266AA9DD0FD91B0E6C5&tid=3472266AA9DD0FD91B0E6C5 today. You might get his attention there. Or click his link to PM - Send Message in the left column.

AppTitan
Lost but trying
ventura
06/10/14 08:01 PM (9 years ago)
Once again, Thank you ill be back....

kingelessar
Lost but trying
Reg: Mar 10, 2014
UK
06/11/14 07:53 AM (9 years ago)
It takes time to get your head round Eclipse and Android SDKs. If you search the forum, it's likely someone else has had the same question before. Use google by typing in "site:buzztouch.com/forum YOUR SEARCH TERM" as the buzztouch-own search feature isn't too helpful.

Nicks App
Code is Art
Las Vegas
06/11/14 08:23 AM (9 years ago)
99% of the on-line installation guides for Eclipse for OSX and Xcode for OSX, were written prior to the release of the Mac OSX Mavericks Operating System (October 2013) - by many months. When you do a YouTube, Google (or other) web search, be sure to use the search tools for time period. You don't want to be using guides prior to November, 2013, for either Eclipse or Xcode. You probably want to start with February 2014. The quick answer: upgrades to Eclipse and Xcode applications for OSX Mavericks after November, 2013, specifically after January 2014, make installation simpler, as well as use of each much easier than before. But don't use installation and use guides earlier than February 2014. The installation video GoNorthWest did 2 weeks ago, leave all others in the dust. It is tough saying this in June 2014!! There's not enough attention paid to planning for upgrades and updates - especially in the installation and training videos and documents. But upgrades and updates are on a fairly predictable cycle. You will notice, however, the thread David started, addressing last week's WWDC announcements, is ahead of the curve, with predictions that the changes will be more subtle this year, than last year. Apple releases new OSs in October! They did last year with Mavericks and iOS7. They are planning to do so this October for Yosemite and iOS8. How will that affect Eclipse and Xcode for OSX installation and use? Someone should be prepared, today, to stand by waiting for those changes come October for the OS, and then for the next upgrade/update to Eclipse and Xcode itself, soon after. Will there be a new Eclipse and Xcode after the 2014 holidays? There was last year! Let's not be using installation and training videos and documents that are as outdated, as the ones that were replaced by GoNorthWest's talents last week!

AppTitan
Lost but trying
ventura
06/11/14 12:14 PM (9 years ago)
Thank for the feed back, I watched the BT to eclipse video and it got me to the point of loading my Zip and emulator. I am going to watch a few more videos on how to load plug-ins and the sort. I am making this first app for android because I only have a PC to work from. I was under the impression that I cant make an iPhone app with out OSX or an apple computer. Either way I don't mind starting out this way, I own a HTC One. I need to find an emulator for it as well, and learn how to load different emulators too. Thank you for all the comments and help. I will keep you updated. Matt

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.