Sherry
Lost but trying
Reg: Jan 05, 2013
South Africa
08/29/16 01:07 PM (7 years ago)

Compatibility with IOS 10

I tried testing my app with xcode 8 beta building an ipad app for ios 10 using the simulator and although the app opened fine and showed the first screen a Menu Buttons plugin screen when I tried clicking on any of the buttons nothing opened and it is supposed to open a further menu buttons screen. I also tried to open a pdf file which should open via the PDF Doc plugin and nothing opened here either. Should I be getting worried that my app may not work when ios 10 is officially launched or do I put it down to the fact that it's still a beta and there is nothing to worry about?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
08/30/16 07:14 PM (7 years ago)
I still build things for iOS7, so I think we'll be ok. At least until Apple announces a sunset date for the code. But that'll end up being a year off at least. Not sure why things aren't working, but I usually don't mess with Beta editions any more... too many moving targets during development. I tend to use the last stable release until the next stable release. Cheers! -- Smug

aussiedra
Code is Art
Reg: Dec 25, 2010
Brisbane, Austr...
08/30/16 11:37 PM (7 years ago)
too much bugs in xcode 8 beta wait til the GM to test

Sherry
Lost but trying
South Africa
08/31/16 01:57 AM (7 years ago)
Thanks Smug & Aussiedra for your replies. I generally don't touch or use Beta's because of their bugs but the company I did the apps for asked for a meeting to discuss iOS10 compatibility and so installed the Beta just to double check ahead of the meeting and then got a fright when it didn't work.

Sherry
Lost but trying
South Africa
09/01/16 12:06 AM (7 years ago)
This is the first and last time I'm wasting my time with a Beta. I always knew they were buggy just didn't know how buggy, Aussiedra you were spot on cause I tried building my app onto an iOS 9.3 simulator in Xcode 8 beta which I know works 100% on a real device using Xcode 7 and had the same thing happen as the iOS 10 simulator on Xcode 8 beta so now I know it's Xcode 8 beta that's the problem not my app. Phew I am super relieved.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.