YomiAde
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 10, 2016
Nashua
03/15/16 11:41 AM (8 years ago)

There was a problem downloading some required data

Hi, I know I'm new to this but I'm having some basic problems. Yesterday, I started working on an app, and for the most part things went as they were supposed to go. However, today, when I started working on my application, it started returning errors that there was a problem downloading some required data in the simulator. Since then I've tried to go through the entire process again; I've started afresh, and I've had the same problem: either I get a response of problems with downloading data or I get a response that the view controller wasn't compiled, even after dragging in the plugin and the images files into xcode. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
03/15/16 11:51 AM (8 years ago)
Search through the forums for this problem, it was quite acute 3 or 4 months ago but seems to have been resolved by now.

Kingston
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 01, 2013
New York
03/15/16 01:38 PM (8 years ago)
Hi, I had the same error while using plugin like Share via SMS. I found out that the content used in it was way too long. When I reduced the length of the content, my app started working as usual. Hope this helps

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
03/15/16 04:52 PM (8 years ago)
What plugins are causing errors? Are the errors changing? Can you build a basic app with home screen and get that up and running? The first wee hurdle can be the toughest.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
03/15/16 05:01 PM (8 years ago)
It's also very helpful if you can provide debug information from Xcode at the time of the error. That way we can see what's going on. Try to grab some from slightly before and after the error hits in the simulator. Thanks! Mark

gatorcade
Code is Art
Reg: Jul 17, 2011
Gainesville
05/04/16 05:43 PM (8 years ago)
Hi Mark, I am having the same problem. When running the simulator: No errors, but getting this: There was a problem downloading some required data Any help will be appreciated. Pedro

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
05/05/16 12:34 AM (8 years ago)
Hi Pedro, Long time no hear! I hope all is well! Is this for iOS or Android? If you can provide some debug data from LogCat or the debug panel on Xcode, that would be very helpful. Or, send me an email, and I can do a TeamViewer session and see what's going on. Thanks! Mark

gatorcade
Code is Art
Reg: Jul 17, 2011
Gainesville
05/05/16 07:21 PM (8 years ago)
Hi Mark, Yes, I did stay away from buzztouch for a while. Just got frustrated. Nothing works like it use to. :( I am not a programmer, but in the past some how I did manage to made some apps. Anyway, I did try to do an update one of my apps, and I still having problems. I am using IOS and the message is: error: attach by pid '3545' failed -- unable to attach I will email you sometime Saturday. I do really need help. Thanks for the replay. Pedro

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.