Chris from Stafford
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 14, 2013
Stafford
12/14/13 04:21 AM (10 years ago)

Version number

Just a question about version numbers I have published an updated version of my app and it's version 1.0.1 but on my buzztouch control panel it is still version 1.0 I try to update the version number on the control panel but it won't save Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
12/14/13 04:40 AM (10 years ago)
It probably isn't setup to do incrementals other than value-dot-value. "that" version number doesn't necessarily need to coincide with your app version number anyway. It's mostly used for the developer to keep track of 'published versions' of their software/app data. It is not actually a part of the binary, just the configuration. Therefore not 'really' a legitimate source for the app version. But again, it's just for our use. You can increment it, decrement it, do whatever you wish. It will only be noted in the BT_config.txt file's 'app' json section. I've snooped through the code a bit; I can't find anything that actually grabs this information, so unless you custom write some code to do something, it's just in the control panel for your private use, however you decide to use it. If at all. Cheers! -- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.