Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 6    Views: 185

NCbuzz
Code is Art
Reg: Sep 11, 2013
Lillington, NC
04/29/14 09:25 PM (10 years ago)

Clear NavBar (shows black) iOS7

I am sure I have seen this discussed before, but can not find the thread after a lot of searching… I am looking to have a 100% clear Nav Bar on a iOS7 app. Control Panel setting for Background Color= "Clear", with Bar Style ="Solid navigation bar". Basically will have floating icons. (Otherwise I would have just selected "Hide the navigation Bar" in the Control Panel. Note: The screen has a Background Image. == Added this code to BT_viewController.m ======== //used for home screen only if([self.screenData.itemType isEqualToString:@"BT_screen_menuButtons" ]){ //Change Nav Bar to Clear (still want to have icons appear) [self.navigationController.navigationBar setBackgroundColor:[UIColor clearColor]]; [self.navigationController.navigationBar setBarTintColor:[UIColor clearColor]]; //[self.navigationController.navigationBar setAlpha:1.0]; } ======= Also tried documented fixes for the appDelegate with no effect. ======= I am already using setBarTintColor on other screens successfully, but this is first time trying for "Clear"… Can someone point me to the right thread or what is wrong above? Thanks

PaddyO
Lost but trying
Geelong
04/29/14 09:38 PM (10 years ago)
There are a few variations here that might be worth a try Kevin: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19082963/how-to-make-completely-transparent-navigation-bar-in-ios-7 It seems a dummy image declaration is part of the solution though I can't see how it would help! Cheers Paddy

NCbuzz
Code is Art
Lillington, NC
04/29/14 10:42 PM (10 years ago)
thanks for the tip- but it seems to have the same effect as "Hide" in the Control Panel and the icons disappear with it.

PaddyO
Lost but trying
Geelong
04/29/14 11:19 PM (10 years ago)
Just PMd you, see if that works. Don't want to confuse the forums with experimental gibberish! (Yeah, like everything else I post is so precise... ) If it does, we'll post it for real. :) Cheers Paddy

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
04/30/14 07:41 AM (10 years ago)
I thought the Themes section of the Control Panel has that setting? Otherwise, the appDelegate file has the one-liner? Or my memory is terrible this morning! :-( By the way, if you are using the Button Menu plugin, be sure to download and use the latest version of it. Chris1 and I fixed a few bugs in it last week at BuzzCon. -- Niraj

NCbuzz
Code is Art
Lillington, NC
04/30/14 05:23 PM (10 years ago)
Niraj, - The BTv3 Control Panel has an option for NavBar Background color for "Clear" which does not work in any plugin for iOS7. (If that worked it would be ALL good.) My first version of the plugin was the new one I downloaded on Monday :) ================================================================= When I use a flip animation for a screen transition, it actually is clear while it is animating, and then turns back to solid black when finished. Something in the BT core routines is just not happy with clear navbar... Think it is going to be shelved on my wish list for BTv4 and move on ;)

Red Dog
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 16, 2011
Southern Califo...
03/19/15 09:12 PM (9 years ago)
@NVbuzz. Did you ever solve this one? I am wanting to do the same.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.