Discussion Forums  >  Introduce Yourself

Replies: 7    Views: 228

Ned Newby
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 18, 2015
Brisbane
03/19/15 02:26 AM (9 years ago)

G'Day Everybody

I am green as Gumby and ready to learn where do I start?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/19/15 04:01 AM (9 years ago)
Hi Ned! The first thing you'll want to do is relax. You're in for a bumpy, but fun ride. Regardless of how much experience you have, I'd at least go through the first set of Buzztouch University videos. The section on the control panel is priceless. If you don't look at anything else, look at those. https://www.buzztouch.com/account/btu.php Remember you can't break anything, so feel free to touch the buttons and throw the switches. Get used to it. Find out what things can do. It doesn't matter if you're on a Mac or on a PC. GoNorthWest has created a video that shows you how to install your Development environment. Don't bother with the Eclipse videos. They're nice to watch, but we've just made the move from Eclipse to Android Studio, so watch that one. https://www.youtube.com/gonorthwest Once you've gotten a taste of it, think about the best app in the world that you want to design... and put it on hold. Wander through the plugin market. Find all the 'free' plugins, and 'buy' them. Easily worth twice the price. Now, take a look at the plugins you have, and figure out what you can do with those. Start off simple. Get a feel for how things work together. Got questions? The forum is open 24/7 and with BT's global family, you're rarely stuck more than a day before someone who has seen the same thing or asked the same question is ready to help. My first app was a 'real estate' app I built for a friend of mine, using all free plugins from BT. All it took was a creative theme to tie them together. You can easily do the same. For Android and iOS. Can't wait to hear what you've got planned for the future. You've found the right place to begin. Cheers! -- Smug

Ned Newby
Aspiring developer
Brisbane
03/19/15 04:30 AM (9 years ago)
Thanks for the very warm welcome and informative Smug, During my journey I will take on all the information on board and use it to enjoy this experience so once again thank you for taking the time to point me in the right direction. Bumpy I can handle, fun well now that is a bonus. Mainly my focus will initially be on iOS to create some fun app's among other things. Thanks again and I hope to hear from you after I check out the info you have supplied. Thanks Mate! Ned

Ned Newby
Aspiring developer
Brisbane
03/19/15 04:32 AM (9 years ago)
Thanks for the warm and informative welcome I meant to say, don't you love dyslexia.

aussiedra
Code is Art
Reg: Dec 25, 2010
Brisbane, Austr...
03/19/15 07:05 AM (9 years ago)
Welcome mate :-)

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
03/19/15 07:21 PM (9 years ago)
Welcome welcome! Take a look at this getting started on your first app. It lays out the mechanism for conceptualizing your apps. https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=47D35231F571EE9A1AB0660

Ned Newby
Aspiring developer
Brisbane
03/20/15 02:18 AM (9 years ago)
Please excuse my lack of understanding but I took Smug's advice and tried to watch the first set of videos with no avail maybe I forgot to do something or ? This the message I get; Lesson Coming Soon. Available lessons are listed on the previous screen. Back to learning paths Having said thank you all for your welcoming me to this realm, your guidance and support is very deeply appreciated.

rob28x
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 16, 2015
Grayling
04/16/15 05:56 AM (9 years ago)
I am getting the same "Lesson Coming Soon. Available lessons are listed on the previous screen." message myself. Not sure what the issue is. I did find the lesson videos on their youtube channel, but you do not get any points watching them that way.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.