Discussion Forums  >  Self Hosted Control Panels

Replies: 2    Views: 257

mrDavid
BTMods.com
Reg: May 21, 2011
San Diego, CA
05/28/15 02:44 PM (8 years ago)

Control Panel is not updating the JSON (Config) Data page

Hi guys! Running into a problem that I can't figure out. Even through I'm adding more items and changing things in the Control Panel, the page that loads up the JSON won't show the updates. Basically, the new things I do won't show in the JSON (won't change the JSON), and I have NO idea why. I'm making a few apps for clients and I can't afford to have a problem like this, refreshing the app won't show changes since the Control Panel won't update the json, even through the menu items and changes I make stay in the Control Panel just fine. Any help would be super appreciated! *** EDIT 1: this happens on the Design JSON changes. If I try to load Live Mode Data, it gives me: "{"status":"failed", "message":"No published JSON data found. Press the Save button on the Publish Changes screen."}" *** EDIT 2: If I grab the dataURL directly from the config.txt file in my app and load that directly into the browser, it DOES show the updates JSON, but the app is not seeing it and neither is my control panel. SO WEIRD! David.

LA
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 16, 2012
Jerseyville, IL
05/29/15 08:07 AM (8 years ago)
That's strange! Any link so I can try it? LA

mrDavid
BTMods.com
Reg: May 21, 2011
San Diego, CA
05/30/15 04:21 PM (8 years ago)
No link ATM :-( I'm still testing, looks like the config in the display box is cached, which it never has done before! David.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.