Discussion Forums  >  Self Hosted Control Panels

Replies: 3    Views: 231

thynkapps
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 29, 2015
Canberra
08/18/15 06:25 PM (8 years ago)

Self Hosting - method for transfering existing apps?

I am about to start the process of self hosting the BT control panel (cue scarey music!) and was wondering what the best way to transfer my existing app to the new self hosted control panel would be? Is the plugin 'App Copier' the easiest way to do this? Is there another way? Any advice would be greatly appreciated :-)

thynkapps
Aspiring developer
Canberra
08/18/15 07:17 PM (8 years ago)
I realise this has been covered in other posts, but the last one I could find was over a year ago so just wanted to make sure I'm getting the most up to date information! Thanks. Rob

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
08/18/15 10:22 PM (8 years ago)
Chris1's 'App Copier' is usually the easiest way to 'move' an app from BT hosted to self hosted. Keep in mind that you will want to rebuild and resubmit your app before you 'take the old one down'. Remember there are 'phone home' URLs in the existing app that can't be changed. If you remove the old app before the new app is approved, users may have less than optimal experiences. Cheers! -- Smug another small note; if you 'refresh' a page after posting, it will double post. Navigate away from the page, then re-navigate to keep from accidentally creating multiple duplicate posts.

thynkapps
Aspiring developer
Canberra
08/18/15 10:30 PM (8 years ago)
Thanks Smug, the app was approved today but I plan to move it over to the new self host area before I publish it on the Apple Store so hopefully there will be minimal impact on the user (as there are none!). I was then planning on replacing some graphics anyway, so a rebuild and resubmit is definitely in order. Good practice I suppose! Thanks for the advice. Rob P.S. yes, I have a bad habit of leaving tabbed browsing on and then coming back hours later going 'oh, I wonder what this is!'. My apologies!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.