Nsaya
I hate code!
Reg: Jul 15, 2013
Kabul
02/14/14 05:50 AM (10 years ago)

Using interactive Quiz plugin with more than 2000 questions

I am planing to build an app which contains 2000 questions (8000 right and wrong answers). For this purpose I will be using interactive Quiz plugin. Now I have two questions: 1- Since all the questions and answers are listed in BT_config.txt file, Won't this volume of code in BT_config.txt file be problematic? consider this fact that my questions and answers will be in double binary language. 2- Can we have the answers' rows expanded when the texts is longer than two lines? so that the second or third lines is not hidden under another row. Cheers Nsaya

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
02/14/14 12:20 PM (10 years ago)
Clearly a lot of questions! Presumably though, this is not one monolithic quiz, but several quizzes? The quiz questions and answers do not *have* to be stored in the BT_Config.txt file, they can be stored in a text file and called using the Screen Data URL option in the control panel. I would imagine that would be easier to work with?

nadthevlad
Code is Art
Reg: Jun 07, 2012
Denver
02/14/14 01:27 PM (10 years ago)
If you can, break the quiz into smaller quizes. If all those questions are one big quiz there will be problems with loading the quiz files because of the size.

Nsaya
I hate code!
Reg: Jul 15, 2013
Kabul
02/14/14 10:30 PM (10 years ago)
Thank you Alen and Nadthevlad, Yes my quiz is not monolithic. It is composed of 9 quizzes. I tried to understand this data-url, but couldn't. 1- I created the plain text file and put it in my dropbox public folder as per Mark (GoNorthWest) instruction. Did't write anything manually in this file. 2- Nothing was written there after I hit save button. 3- Still all those questions and answers listed in Bt_config.txt file (which will make it almost 2MB in the end). 4- what to write on my config file in my dropbox public folder? Should I copy those JSON codes listed under the respective screen in BT_config.txt file and paste them there? regards

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
02/15/14 10:02 PM (10 years ago)
Do #4, that will reduce the size of the BT_config.txt file. -- Niraj

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.