Discussion Forums  >  Audio, Video, Playing, Recording

Replies: 6    Views: 125

wholehealthdoc
Aspiring developer
Reg: May 21, 2012
PA
04/22/13 10:22 PM (11 years ago)

How to add a video rendered in iMovie to the video plugin and trouble having a 2nd vid play on app

Hello, we are creating an app that will have 5 short videos that are informational to the theme of the app. 3 were created camtasia and are mp4-- one uploaded successfully and plays on the phone simulator, trying to add the 2nd and 3rd mp4's results in that they won't play. Can't tell what to do next to trouble shoot. Trying to use the iMovie clips there is no apparent movie extension file to put into the xcode compiler. Does anybody know how to find the extension in iMovie that xcode will recognize and how to make an imovie clip play in the compiler (we want it on the app, not streaming) thanks for any help Stan

LevensGardener
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 30, 2012
Kendal
04/22/13 11:27 PM (11 years ago)
I think you have to export the clips from iMovie. That way you should get a file and extension you can use in Buzztouch...

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
04/23/13 04:38 AM (11 years ago)
If you saved them as mp4 files and they won't play in the app, you'll probably need to convert them to something else. Strange one worked though - that screws up the obvious diagnosis of an issue with codecs. Try opening them in QuickTime and exporting / saving them as a movie.

SheriDee
Code is Art
Reg: Sep 23, 2011
location unknow...
04/23/13 01:23 PM (11 years ago)
-Just a thought....are you using a plugin or hard coding yourself? Had a bit of a problem loading so many videos I made for a client. Try using software that will condense your content as much as possible or you will have loading issues. https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#documentation/Miscellaneous/Conceptual/iPhoneOSTechOverview/MediaLayer/MediaLayer.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40007898-CH9-SW4 Hope this helps -Sheri

wholehealthdoc
Aspiring developer
PA
04/23/13 06:20 PM (11 years ago)
thanks for your comments--- I probably shouldn't have combined two questions in one post-- We used the AT 53 Video player to upload the mp4 videos. First one played and the others don't. We assumed somebody would have a fix for that problem so I asked the second question since two of the vids we wanted on the app were made in iMovie rather than camtasia which we used for the mp4 vids. All of the vids are short and have very little memory size. If this plugin won't work to put 3 or 4 short vids on an app, is there another strategy within buzz touch for non programer/nontech folks (like me) to put a few vids on an app? The reason I am focussed on this strategy is that I have several different apps in mind that have what I hope is valuable info and how to stuff that hopefully would be used multiple times and obviously be original. I am afraid that if we are streaming from youtube that iTunes will view the app with less respect. Regarding the idea of taking the mp4 and converting them in Quick Time, does this particular plugin have a preferred video format to use? thank you all for your comments and help Stan

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
04/23/13 06:32 PM (11 years ago)
Stan - sorry you're having so many problems with this! Have some patience and we'll get you there. The plugin doesn't have a preferred format any more than the device does. More likely, there is an issue with your video file that wouldn't allow it to be played on the iPhone regardless of the app/plugin/etc you use. Converting it to Quicktime should change the codec to something that is more likely to be playable. As for iMovie, there is an option to "export using Quicktime" - with any luck that should allow you to save the file in a valid movie format already.

wholehealthdoc
Aspiring developer
PA
04/25/13 09:53 PM (11 years ago)
thanks for your advice---I'll give it a try and report back

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.