Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 7    Views: 86

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
04/17/14 04:37 AM (10 years ago)

NEW PLUGIN: Stop Watch

Hey everyone. I had a few people ask me what I used for the stopwatch section of my Universal Studios app, so I thought I'd bundle it up into a plugin for anyone else that might want it. It's the convenience of a timer bundled into a nice LCD stopwatch skin. The buttons on the stopwatch are fully functional where thy physical buttons would be on a real stopwatch, so your app users will already feel comfortable with the controls. Supports semi-background tasking (up to apples device limits). See screenshots here: https://www.buzztouch.com/plugins/plugin.php?pid=F8CD3C028C8C11FFCE478CB Stop Watch is a handy timer that resembles the real thing, offering familiar functionality to your app users. Simple start, stop and reset buttons at the top of the watch count down the hours, minutes and seconds in an awesome looking realistic LCD fashion. The stopwatch will also continue to run in the background, up to Apple’s built in limits (up to 3 minutes if completely exited out of the app, and indefinitely during auto-lock or screen dim). Everything is laid out an a handy XIB file for the ultimate in customization. The background that you see in the screenshots is also included, and visible by default, but if you prefer to use your own apps background, or something else, you can simply remove it from the XIB file. The text instructions printed on the stopwatch itself is also fully editable with just a few clicks.

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
04/17/14 05:46 AM (10 years ago)
Nice! You're on a role Dave!

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Maine
04/17/14 05:54 AM (10 years ago)
Learning... slowly but surly. Been up all night with one particular code on another project thats driving me crazy. Converted the project to plugin, taking it out of sub views and putting in a single view... code launches fine, looks perfect... but one function does not work to get location... works perfectly fine in the unconverted code... driving me crazy. No errors or anything... just acts like it's not even there. Checked my outlets, everything is as it should be. Think I'm going to give up on that one :( You win some, and lose some, lol. 8 hours is too long to spend on this one piece of 1 line code that seems to be getting ignored no matter what I try, and it's only a 2 file project with a single page of code on each, lol.

chris1
Code is Art
Austin, TX
04/17/14 06:55 AM (10 years ago)
Lol yes. Been there, done that. Hit me up in Vegas if you still need a fix by then.

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Maine
04/17/14 06:57 AM (10 years ago)
Unfortunately I can't make it this year... I was hoping I could, but have other obligations that week that I can't reschedule :( Hoping to see lots of videos, and live check-ins for those of us that can't make it this year

chris1
Code is Art
Austin, TX
04/17/14 07:17 AM (10 years ago)
Dang. Too bad.

tb
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Nov 03, 2011
Oxford
04/17/14 01:26 PM (10 years ago)
Good work! I'm hoping to get my first few plugins out soon. I have made a 2.0 plugin before, but I've yet to step-foot with the plugin market and 3.0

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
04/17/14 03:30 PM (10 years ago)
Nice work, Dave! Cheers! -- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.