TooT
I hate code!
Reg: May 12, 2013
Singapore
09/01/13 10:37 PM (10 years ago)

Is there any ad embedded in the code ?

Hi all, I find a piece of code in the BT_viewController.h that looks like an ad : /* iAd Views */ UIView *adView; ADBannerView *adBannerView; BOOL adBannerViewIsVisible; BOOL hasStatusBar; BOOL hasNavBar; BOOL hasToolBar; and some other places also.. Is it to show ad in your app ? If yes, what kind of ad is that and where will the money for this ad will go to ? The second question is, if I want to put Admob ad into my app, will it be conflict and is there an instruction of how to do it ? Thank you!

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
09/01/13 11:07 PM (10 years ago)
If there are instructions, they're usually in the 'How To' section of the site... https://www.buzztouch.com/resources I know people have done it, and others ask questions. If you do a search you should be able to find them. in the google search bar, type - site:buzztouch.com/forum Admob - and that should find something. Built into 'most' plugin configuration interfaces is the ability to allow Apples 'iAd' network within your app. (iAd Advertising Option). If you don't enable it by desire, it is not enabled. You'd register somewhere at Apple, and whatever money is generated would be yours, put into your account according to your agreement with Apple. I don't think there is a conflict, but of course I wouldn't have two different types running at once. Cheers! -- Smug

Adam
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 23, 2010
Southern Califo...
09/01/13 11:56 PM (10 years ago)
I use Scringo. The ad set up is easy. For example, go to a certain plugin like menu simple and search for adview in the .m file. Replace the iAD code with whatever code you need to put in. Thanks, Adam

TooT
I hate code!
Singapore
09/02/13 08:10 AM (10 years ago)
That is very informative answer, thanks Mr Smug, I found this post: http://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=B533B9AE10D8EA7BD41CEC5&command=isSearching&currentPage=1&topicTitle=ads&createdBy=&repliedBy=&minViews=-1&maxViews=-1&minReplies=-1&maxReplies=-1&forumCategory= but after following exactly the steps there, run and I got 22 issues. First of that : CustomMacroHandler.m -> This file requires ARC support. I dont know how to debug this code.

TooT
I hate code!
Singapore
09/03/13 08:56 PM (10 years ago)
Hi Adam ! What is that Scringo ? How to register ad with them ? and how is the full step to make that works? Can you give me your link of reference, thanks !

Adam
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 23, 2010
Southern Califo...
09/03/13 10:36 PM (10 years ago)
Contact me for more info on how to set up ads on certain screens. Go to http://www.scringo.com to get started. Thanks, Adam

TooT
I hate code!
Singapore
09/05/13 02:53 AM (10 years ago)
OK, I followed and sent you private message. Thanks!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.