Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 2    Views: 94

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
10/13/13 10:48 PM (10 years ago)

How to modify your CP_Stream plugin to only start/stop in 1 easy step

I'm about to release an iOS/Android app for our local Public Radio Station to coincide with our Fall Fundraiser as well as our live streaming (finally). The choices were easy for me; Cookup's CP_Stream for Android, Danny's BTA_Stream for iOS, and Chris1's Advanced Menu to keep iOS/Android menu choices separate. I can't believe how quickly I was able to put them together. For once the client had all the content prepared, and all I really needed to do was assemble the apps. Danny has a great manual for custom setups (specifically, streaming while the user was doing other tasks). The only issue I had might stem from my Android device having a touchy touchscreen, or maybe it's the code. But when I would press the 'pause' button, different 'states' would result... sometimes pausing, sometimes re-buffering. Not a deal breaker, but a bit annoying after a while. I found the easiest thing to do was to dumb it down to where there were only two modes: Play/Stop. This can be easily mitigated in your Cp_streamservice.java file on line 316. Change the Intent parameters from: bufferIntent.putExtra("buffering", "2"); and change them to: bufferIntent.putExtra("buffering", "0"); Typically you have 0 (stop), 1 (play), and 2 (pause?). Removing the '2' option completely stabilized my streamer. Kudos to both Cookup and Danny for such nifty plugins! I've never had to work so little to get my app the way I wanted it. Great products make it easy. Thank you guys!! :) Cheers! -- Smug

PSMDanny
Apple Fan
Reg: Dec 09, 2011
Heerlen
10/14/13 03:10 AM (10 years ago)
Hi Smug, Thank you for the kudos and I'm happy to hear that you are satisfied with the plugin. Once the app is launched I'd love to see it in action! Best regards, Danny

COOKUP
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 02, 2011
Coral Sprigs, F...
10/14/13 07:43 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks smug For Finding that bug for me! Glad you enjoyed the plugin as well.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.