Discussion Forums  >  Audio, Video, Playing, Recording

Replies: 2    Views: 421

Nick Knack
Lost but trying
Reg: Feb 16, 2013
dekalb
11/22/13 08:15 PM (10 years ago)

Playing MP3 audio in app background

Hello all. Love the Buzztouch Platform (on my 6th app) but cannot seem to get audio to play within a given screen (Home screen menu simple.) I am using BT 3.0 core (Android)and have uploaded it to the assets BT Audio folder as dee.mp3 , validate/cleaned etc. It also does not play via the audio file url option. (https://www.dropbox.com/s/rgp3l674c2v3rgg/dee.mp3)link requires that it be clicked to play-not automatic. I also have the interactive quiz installed on another app and confirmed placement of those audio files/names (this app works) to make sure that I did not miss anything. Is there a audio player plugin that is needed? I dont want to stream the file, just allow it to play natively. Suggestions? Thanks!!

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
11/22/13 10:53 PM (10 years ago)
For some reason, the audio code in Android isn't 'connected' yet. It's there, but commented out a bit. I ended up stealing some code from the 'quiz' plugin to see how to do it in my regular pages. I haven't done anything intensive with it; I only needed audio to play on one HTML page, but I documented what I did here: https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=0DAA7A1F05FA0EA2DB0F277 If you have an issue, yell on the forums. Either I or someone can get back to you as fast as convenient. Cheers! -- Smug

Nick Knack
Lost but trying
Reg: Feb 16, 2013
dekalb
11/23/13 07:15 PM (10 years ago)
Thanks Smug! (love your member name.) I will attempt to look through to see how to make these changes.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.