jgomez
Aspiring developer
Reg: May 10, 2013
Florida
07/23/13 11:12 AM (10 years ago)

Is there a way to duplicate an App in BT?

I created an app in BT, and I want to create a second one using most of the resources already incorporated from in the first one. Is there a way to duplicate the first App in BT and just make the necessary changes? To help you better understand what I am trying to do. I created an App called Miami for Cruisers. It shows maps to the port of Miami, hotels near the port, etc. Now I want to create one for the Port of Fort Lauderdale, but I don't want to start from scratch, instead reused some of the screens and just make the changes to the locations, etc. Any idea if this is possible? Thanks Jorge

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
07/23/13 11:39 AM (10 years ago)
Hi Jorge, You can't copy an entire app into another one quite yet. But, there is a JSON snippet tool from @stobe that allows you to use clips of your JSON in a new app. That might be what you're looking for! Check out the "JSON Snippet Keeper" plugin. Mark

feraco
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 23, 2012
nyc
07/23/13 11:58 AM (10 years ago)
love that plug in!

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
07/23/13 03:11 PM (10 years ago)
For now, the Json Snippet keeper is your best friend. If you're self hosted, the SmugCopy utility can copy a screen from one app to another, but there are limits to that. Cheers! -- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.