amysus
Lost but trying
Reg: Oct 28, 2011
traveling the w...
05/19/16 09:12 AM (7 years ago)

Cannot get simulator to run/Missing Plugin

I have a few skeletons of apps built in Buzztouch. I am running the latest version of Xcode, 7.3.1. I zip my project, download it and then open the xcodeproj file, then click the arrow to run the simulator. Note that I have other projects (ones that have created within Xcode) that run fine. But the few Buzztouch apps I have tested produce an error, "Missing Plugin: the View Controller for this plugin was not compiled in the Xcode project." The build "succeeds," and the simulator opens, but then I get this error message and cannot get past it. Am I just overlooking something dumb? Or perhaps one of the plugins is not working? Or? Thank you! Amy

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
05/19/16 11:31 AM (7 years ago)
Hi Amy, There are a couple folders - BT_Plugins and BT_Images (I think) - that don't get copied into your project when you click on the xcodeproj file to open it in Xcode. So, the first thing to check is that all of the folders in your download folder are also part of your project. For the ones that aren't, drag them in to your project, hit OK, compile the app, and you should be good! Let us know if that doesn't work. Mark

amysus
Lost but trying
traveling the w...
05/19/16 01:40 PM (7 years ago)
Hi Mark, Thanks for your reply. So I did what you suggested (indeed, those two folders were missing from the product file structure but in the download) and re-built it, even tried quitting Xcode and restarting. Tried with two apps. I get the same error message, Missing Plugin: The View Controller for this plugin was not compiled in the Xcode project. I wonder if there is one offensive plugin causing this? Amy

amysus
Lost but trying
traveling the w...
05/19/16 01:49 PM (7 years ago)
P.S. I just created a two page app, home and one other page and linked the home to the other. That's all I did. Dragged the folders into the project hit the simulator and got the same message. :-(

Red Dog
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 16, 2011
Southern Califo...
05/19/16 02:45 PM (7 years ago)
Hi Amy. Maybe this? With the last xCode update, when you drag folders into the project, the "options for adding files" pop-up screen has changed the default setting to "create folder references." This needs to be changed to "create groups."

amysus
Lost but trying
traveling the w...
05/19/16 03:26 PM (7 years ago)
Red Dog! That did the trick! (Well, then I got an error, but I think it was due to one specific plug-in, so I removed that one, did what you suggested and it works!) Thank you Mark and Red Dog!

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
05/19/16 04:02 PM (7 years ago)
Rock on! Way to get it worked out! Thanks, Red Dog, for that missing piece. Mark

LA
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 16, 2012
Jerseyville, IL
05/31/16 06:20 AM (7 years ago)
Awesome gang! LA

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.