Discussion Forums  >  Status Bar, Navigation Bar

Replies: 5    Views: 125

MikeP
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jul 14, 2012
NYC
11/25/12 06:57 PM (11 years ago)

Any way to hide the tab bar in BT 2.0 apps?

Have some PDF files I want to use in a BT 2.0 app (iOS) - and I'd like to hide the tab bar when they appear. I see there was an option in BT 1.5 to hide the tab bar - but it doesn't seem that carried over to BT 2.0. Is there a way to do this in BT 2.0? Or, will I need to add some code to accomplish this? Appreciate any help or insight!

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
11/26/12 11:06 AM (11 years ago)
Ah, yup. The hideBottomTabBarWhenScreenLoads option is not in the control panel for lots of the plugins. It once was....before we evolved into the "plugin" arrangement. Mostly because it is not supported on Android. But, your project can still use this property. It just means you'll need to add it to the JSON data for a particular screen after you download the project. Add "hideBottomTabBarWhenScreenLoads":"1" To the screen's data you're working with. This should do it. BUT, if you've got the JSON data connected to your online control panel (live updates), the change you've made in the JSON will get overwritten by the change you've made in your control panel. Not good. The best way to do this will depend on how your using the control panel and your app...the "relationship" between these ideas is different for lots of people, depending on their objective. So, the hideBottomTabBarWhenScreenLoads is the answer. You'll need to work out the best way to get it in your JSON. I'll look into getting that option re-inserted in some of the plugins?

MikeP
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jul 14, 2012
NYC
11/26/12 12:31 PM (11 years ago)
Hi David, Thanks very much for your help with this - I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction. I'll take a look and see what works best. For content screens I'd like the extra real estate. If the option can be re-inserted for content-related plug-ins that would be great. Thanks again.

Julian F
Apple Fan
Reg: Nov 21, 2012
Sydney
11/30/12 06:34 AM (11 years ago)
i second that, that would be much better. after you add the navigation bar at the top adds at the bottom and even refresh and back buttons at the bottom theres limited real estate it would be great

fusionsch
I hate code!
Reg: Dec 28, 2010
Montreux Switze...
02/19/13 06:48 AM (11 years ago)
Hi David, Just discovered this issue when started creation of a new app in 2.1.8... The ability to hide the tab bar is quite nice and sometimes very useful... I used it extensively in my previous apps... Especially useful in Custom URL screens, but not only! Would be great to see it back! Best greetings Jack

WebNevees
Code is Art
Reg: Oct 28, 2012
KL
04/16/13 01:28 AM (11 years ago)
How did you return to your normal screens with tabs then? You would put a button on the right side of the navigation bar?

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.