Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 4    Views: 46

Sherry
Lost but trying
Reg: Jan 05, 2013
South Africa
11/28/14 02:47 PM (9 years ago)

Email from pdf doc plugin issue with ios8

I am trying to test the same app on 2 different ipads one running ios 7.1.1 and other ios 8.1.1. I can email a document from the pdf doc plugin on the ios 7 ipad without a problem, the email screen opens and closes once you click send and you receive the pdf file in your inbox but on the ios 8 ipad there is a problem with the email screen closing after you click send. It does send the email to your inbox but the screen just doesn't close even if you click cancel the screen just stays there. I have no idea what to add to xcode and which file to add it to so if someone can help me I would really appreciate it because I'm almost ready to submit to app store but like this it will get rejected.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
12/08/14 09:20 PM (9 years ago)
Did you get this going? I haven't played with it yet, but I snooped around on the Dev Website and found that there is a method in the 'new' documentation for the Action Sheet. https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/UIKit/Reference/UIActionSheet_Class/#//apple_ref/occ/instm/UIActionSheet/dismissWithClickedButtonIndex:animated: - (void)dismissWithClickedButtonIndex:(NSInteger)buttonIndex animated:(BOOL)animated so, in your code you would use it sort of like: [actionSheet dismissWithClickedButtonIndex:1 animated:true]; I don't actually know what the Button Index will be, but if you play with it a little, you should be able to get it going. You 'might' want to test for iOS 8 or iOS 7 with an 'if' statement, if it balks on iOS7. Cheers! -- Smug

Red Dog
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 16, 2011
Southern Califo...
01/01/15 09:34 AM (9 years ago)
Hi Sherry. Did you get this sorted? I am having the same issue with the email image plugin. Thank you. Barry

Sherry
Lost but trying
Reg: Jan 05, 2013
South Africa
03/06/15 06:00 AM (9 years ago)
Hi Barry It's been a while since I posted this question so you might have already sorted out this issue on your app but if not I found updating xcode to the latest version 6.1.1 fixes this bug and the email plugin and email a photo plugin work perfectly.

Red Dog
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 16, 2011
Southern Califo...
03/06/15 08:14 AM (9 years ago)
Hi Sherry. Thank you. I have it working as well. Probably did the same. Can't remember :)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.