Discussion Forums  >  Suggestions, Ideas, Wish List

Replies: 4    Views: 34

Mitcho
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jul 04, 2012
Portland OR
09/13/12 02:17 PM (11 years ago)

Meetup in Portland

Anyone interested in setting up a MeetUp group in Portland OR let me know and I'll organize it. If interested suggestions about location, etc of course welcome.

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
09/13/12 11:48 PM (11 years ago)
I wanna go! I have family in Eugene and always need an "excuse" to go north. One of the challenges with the forum is that posts get "down the list" fast, sometimes never to be seen again. LOL. I'm happy to setup a Portland meetup message on the "meetups screen" if you have a URL for a meetup.com group? I think you can set one up for free?

Mitcho
Aspiring developer
Portland OR
09/14/12 02:00 PM (11 years ago)
Not for free I'm afraid. The organizer has to pay a monthly fee of $15, paid for the year in advance. I can advance the dues but would like to be able to recoup from the group (I'm retired). Maybe the best way to proceed is just to sample how much of a following there would be. So far, David's post is the only response. If there is a danger that the post will slide down the list I can repost and watch the response for the next 3-4 weeks. Sound like a plan?

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
09/18/12 11:11 PM (11 years ago)
Hi again, Yup...I agree that $15 isn't something you should front for this. I thought Meetup.com allowed a free meetup for new organizers. I must be wrong here. Because posts tend to disappear, like you mentioned, I'm happy to list Portland on the Meetups screen (link in forum navigation on left) and see what happens. But, I dont' want to do this without your blessing. If you want me to list Portland in the list, with a link to this thread, let me know :-)

Mitcho
Aspiring developer
Portland OR
09/19/12 08:08 AM (11 years ago)
Thanks David. Sure, let's try, but I wouldn't be too sanguine given the fact that so far you are the only responder to the post. Let's try what you suggest and see what happens.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.