Discussion Forums  >  Buzztouch News and Announcements

Replies: 42    Views: 680

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
01/16/17 05:01 AM (7 years ago)

Buzztouch 4.0.1 Plugin Issues

Use this thread to discuss issues with plugins on 4.0.1. We realize some feedback will be the same as it was from 4.0.0 but decided a new forum post with each release is best.

Bonzo
Apple Fan
Reg: Jan 30, 2012
Basingstoke
01/16/17 05:45 AM (7 years ago)
menu simple - line selected stays highlighted after click and when you navigate back to the simple menu screen its still highlighted

Bonzo
Apple Fan
Basingstoke
01/16/17 06:15 AM (7 years ago)
switching from non-tabbed to tabbed layout doesnt seen to update on device refresh. changed from non tabbed layout, added 2 tabs, 1 menu simple, 1 menu buttons and saved. refreshed on device and i am still in non tabbed layout. even deleting app off phone, copying json from control panel and pasting into BT_config_en.txt and rebuilding, doesnt work. i still see my non tabbed layout

Bonzo
Apple Fan
Basingstoke
01/16/17 06:30 AM (7 years ago)
very basic tests: Tabbed layout NOT WORKING menu simple work OK * line selected stays highlighted after click and when you navigate back to the simple menu screen its still highlighted themes work OK Menus work OK custom html works OK excel doc pulling from extenal location works OK word doc pulling from external location works OK Location map works OK quiz works OK menu buttons work OK

feraco
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 23, 2012
nyc
01/16/17 09:16 AM (7 years ago)
Im not seeing other 3rd party plug ins in my package.

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
01/16/17 12:14 PM (7 years ago)
@Bonzo - are your tests iOS or Android? When you say tabbed layout is not working, can you provide some details?

Bonzo
Apple Fan
Basingstoke
01/16/17 01:39 PM (7 years ago)
@chris1. Details are above except I missed the part where I am on iOS. I created a non tabbed application and downloaded source. Had a simple menu as the home page. Added items to that without issue and updated on refresh. I then removed my home page from the non tabbed layout and then added 2 tabs and saved. Control panel reflected this but a refresh didn't. It stayed in the non tabbed layout. I deleted the app of phone, copied json to configure file and rebuilt. Still had non tabbed layout Hope this makes sense

gatorcade
Code is Art
Reg: Jul 17, 2011
Gainesville
01/16/17 02:47 PM (7 years ago)
Hello, Just want to say that I get a black page on the simulator. :( With 4.0 at list I was able to fixed the error message for the movie player controller and the warnings.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
01/17/17 07:24 AM (7 years ago)
Tests based on an app for BT 4.01 for IOS (not self hosted). Core Plugins are menu buttons, custom URL, HTML Doc and HTML Text. Plus some modified plugins I am working on. The button menu links to screens as a basic test. My findings so far are: Fixed in 4.01 (was broken in 4.0) Clicking on the html text screen no longer crashes the app. BT_config_en.txt is populated. Added extra usage defaults in Plist. Refresh works better (if you don't use tabs). You no longer need to close the app, delete it from the list of apps in memory and then re-open it. The Custom URL screen no longer shows a blank screen for the specified URL unless it is https. Same for HTML Doc. Same as BT 4.0 (still broken in 4.01) App Label The downloaded app is labelled BuzzTouch (from CFBundleExecutable) on my iPhone when I load it onto my phone. The name should be the name I gave it in Buzztouch Control Panel. Tabs If you attempt to use tabs, weird things happen. I configured my app to have 3 tabs and layout is configured accordingly. The tab configuration does not include my menu buttons mennu, but it is always shown. And no tabs are displayed at the base of the display all. And refresh stops working if tabs are defined. Background Color Using menu buttons. The background color is set to clear, the result screen background is white. In fact, setting any color always shows as white. Also affects the transparency behind individual buttons, which defaults to something that looks like 50% grey. The buttons are in the project. Similar effects in othe plugins. Background Image Can't use a background image in menu buttons. For some unknown reason, I can use a background image in the splash screen. Only tried URL's for the background image. Menu Buttons I can't change from the default grid layout or change button sizes. But I can add extra menu items OK. Cheers, Alan

yourtownapps
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 08, 2012
Collingswood, N...
01/18/17 04:52 PM (7 years ago)
David: I am using two plugins: the search menu and the image menu. When I added them to my app, I received the following error message: thenewwar Group Lexical or Preprocessor Issue Group /Users/douglasmcvarish/Downloads/thenewwar_iOS_BTv4.0.1/BT_Plugins/menu_with_image/WB_cell_menuList.m:42:9: 'JSON.h' file not found Any thoughts? Douglas

Adnan Basra
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 26, 2013
Salmiyah
01/19/17 04:35 PM (7 years ago)
Arabic Text showing as ?????? I was using buzztouch with some of my IOS Arabic text. Which is now showing as ????? please see the image below <a href="http://imgur.com/a/gGobV" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://imgur.com/a/gGobV</a> any idea to fix it? Adnan

Bertrand
Apple Fan
Reg: Dec 26, 2012
saint-quentin f...
01/20/17 04:05 AM (7 years ago)
Hi, I downloaded the last version of Buzztouch on my server. But when I download my test project (iOS) and launch it to simulator or my iPhone I have a screen without informations. However I've one custom url and one qrcode screen. https://www.dropbox.com/s/rs367at8bki32hg/IMG_0667.PNG?dl=0 Thanks for your help

Bertrand
Apple Fan
saint-quentin f...
01/20/17 06:32 AM (7 years ago)
My custom url appears when I use non tabbed layout, tabbed layout doesn't works ? When I download my app, my BT_plugin folder contain sub folders but these sub folders are empty.

chris1
Code is Art
Austin, TX
01/20/17 08:43 PM (7 years ago)
Please make sure you are specifying iOS or Android when reporting issues. It will really help us find the bugs and get solutions out quicker. Thanks!

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Monterey, CA
01/21/17 06:30 AM (7 years ago)
@Bertrand: Does your app use a dataURL? If so, load that URL in a browser, see if you've got a homeScreenItemId set. If not, visit the Layout page and press Save. Reload the URL, see if the homeScreenItemId is set in the app's JSON data. Secondly: Regarding your empty BT_Plugins folder in your download. Are you working with a Self Hosted panel or are you using the BT.com panel? Your BT_Plugins folder of course should not be empty.

Adnan Basra
Aspiring developer
Salmiyah
01/21/17 06:35 AM (7 years ago)
@David any suggestions for my problem? Best Regards, Adnan

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
01/21/17 10:26 AM (7 years ago)
Has Susan's Menu with Image plugin been updated? When I go to the description of the plugin on buzztouch.com, it says it is upgraded to BT 4. When I try to use the plugin for iOS, I see that there still is line import "JSON.h" so it reports an error. That should not be the case if the plugin really were upgraded to BT 4. So, has it been updated and published as such, or not?

mutzy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 03, 2010
Medford, MA
01/21/17 09:46 PM (7 years ago)
Please consider removing the tactical GPS plugin from store since it doesn't work whatsoever. It doesn't seem as if Angry Ninja plans on updating any of his plugins so may want to consider removing ALL his plugins. Not fair for members to play for plugins that don't work.

Kaybee
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Sep 22, 2012
Perth, Australi...
01/22/17 12:28 AM (7 years ago)
@mutsy, I have spoken with Angry Ninja, his plugins will be removed from the market. FYI I plan on announcing the way forward for the plugin market and we handle exactly this type of situation in the future. It reflects poorly on BT when Plugin developers arent supporting their plugins. Regards Kristen

Bonzo
Apple Fan
Basingstoke
01/22/17 02:39 AM (7 years ago)
Thats such a shame. Angry Ninja was a good supplier to the market. especially the games. 16 plugins in total. thats going to be a big dent to the plugin market. (i understand that some dont work and may never have worked but others did) is this where BT should ask Angry Ninja if he is happy for his plugin(s) code to be offered to other developers on the scene that may wish maintain them?

Kaybee
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Sep 22, 2012
Perth, Australi...
01/22/17 02:44 AM (7 years ago)
@Bonzo, I am in discussions with him. Hopefully we can get most of his plugins back on the market. This case is exactly why there will be changes in the plugin developer agreements going forward. Developers have a responsibility just like BT do to support our members after they have purchased the plugins or memberships etc. Regards Kristen

Bertrand
Apple Fan
saint-quentin f...
01/23/17 02:05 AM (7 years ago)
@David, yes my app use a dataURL and when I launch it in my web Browser and I have homeScreenItemId. I use my own server. To install the new Buzztouch version on my server, I just replace the 4 .php file in the .zip you gave, it is the good way or there is another way to update my old version (BT 3.0)? Before download my project, I selected the 3rd plugins, I prepare the project, I download it and I've my BT_PLUGIN folder with the subfolders but they doesn't contain .m and .f files.

Adnan Basra
Aspiring developer
Salmiyah
01/23/17 02:14 AM (7 years ago)
@David @chris1 any suggestions for my problem? Best Regards, Adnan

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
01/23/17 05:06 PM (7 years ago)
I'm still working on my plugins. I haven't had downloads for quite some time, so I don't think they are too heavily used. I should have them updated in a week or so.

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Hopkins, Minnes...
01/23/17 10:39 PM (7 years ago)
I finished the iOS only on the Menu with Image and uploaded that just now. Now I need to tackle the Android for that one.

Dusko
Veteran developer
Beograd
01/24/17 06:32 AM (7 years ago)
Great Susan, keep up the good work. Much more people depend on your plugin than you think!

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Hopkins, Minnes...
01/24/17 03:16 PM (7 years ago)
Thanks, Dusko! I just finished up the Android on the Menu with Image, so at least I have one up to date.

Dusko
Veteran developer
Beograd
01/25/17 12:52 PM (7 years ago)
Hello Susan, thank you very much for updating the Menu With Image plugin. I have tried it out and it runs without problems on iOS. On Android, I get the following list of errors when compiling the app for the first time: import com.menuwithheader.R; import com.menuwithheader.data_models.BT_item; import com.menuwithheader.menuwithimagedemo_appDelegate; import com.menuwithheader.ui.bt_screens.BT_fragment; import com.menuwithheader.utils.BT_color; import com.menuwithheader.utils.BT_debugger; import com.menuwithheader.utils.BT_downloader; import com.menuwithheader.utils.BT_fileManager; import com.menuwithheader.utils.BT_imageLoader; import com.menuwithheader.utils.BT_strings; import com.menuwithheader.utils.BT_viewUtilities; There is another line that produces problems, namely: package com.menuwithheader.ui.bt_plugins; When I replace menuwithheader with the name of my app, the errors go away.

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Hopkins, Minnes...
01/25/17 02:31 PM (7 years ago)
Figured it out. The corrected version is uploaded and it should work now. What I needed to do was change the package to com.buzzTouch in the java file.

Calypso Kid
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 09, 2012
Upstate New Yor...
01/25/17 06:28 PM (7 years ago)
Hey Dusko and Susan, Did you figure out the background and row color issues? Menu with image and simple menu have a white background and does not change. Also background image does not show and header is white instead of the chosen color. iOS Self Hosted Thanks Dave

Dusko
Veteran developer
Beograd
01/25/17 09:29 PM (7 years ago)
Thank you Susan. Now the source code for the plugin loads and compiles, however, it seems that the images and the xml files are not loaded from my self hosted server. (In Android parlance: the contents of folders /drawable and /layout under /res are not being downloaded.) Once I manually put them into the Android project, the app compiled, leading to the following problems: -- I do not see the menu icon in the navbar when the Menu With Image is on, so I cannot perform a Refresh All operation when I want to. -- The app seems to ALWAYS read its configuration data when turned on, which is not how BT apps behaved before version 4.0. -- Every third or fourth time I ran the app, it asked me to refresh the data from the server. It should detect when the change on the server happened and ask me exactly once whether to honor it or not. -- The image is not showing in the Menu With Image. It does show the background color from the server, but I can change it only once, in the beginning of the app. -- Running the app in the simulator gave rise to the following error: E/ActivityThread: Activity com.menuwithimagedemo.ui.bt_screens.BT_activity_host has leaked IntentReceiver com.menuwithimagedemo.ui.bt_screens.BT_activity_host$1@7ea3bbe that was originally registered here. Are you missing a call to unregisterReceiver()? android.app.IntentReceiverLeaked: Activity com.menuwithimagedemo.ui.bt_screens.BT_activity_host has leaked IntentReceiver com.menuwithimagedemo.ui.bt_screens.BT_activity_host$1@7ea3bbe that was originally registered here. Are you missing a call to unregisterReceiver()? at android.app.LoadedApk$ReceiverDispatcher.<init>(LoadedApk.java:1159) at android.app.LoadedApk.getReceiverDispatcher(LoadedApk.java:946) at android.app.ContextImpl.registerReceiverInternal(ContextImpl.java:1302) at android.app.ContextImpl.registerReceiver(ContextImpl.java:1282) at android.app.ContextImpl.registerReceiver(ContextImpl.java:1276) at android.content.ContextWrapper.registerReceiver(ContextWrapper.java:586) at com.menuwithimagedemo.ui.bt_screens.BT_activity_host.onCreate(BT_activity_host.java:165) This error I see in various other test apps as well, mostly on the simulator but on devices as well. The last line of the log points to the deepest core file in the system, so it is probably something that core developers of BT at the moment should have a look at. It seems that most of the problems stem from the lack of proper communication between the app on device and the self hosted server. Which is also why the background images are not shown properly -- when I enter the address of an image directly into the code of a plugin, it seems to work. So "did I figure it out"? Yes, but not in a systems way of doing things. If the background image is not available from the self hosted server, I just put it directly into the source code of a plugin that I am developing or upgrading for someone. It is not a simple fix, requires adding some code and is not a general solution. I would rather wait a bit longer for the core BT code to get upgraded and corrected than change it on my own.

Calypso Kid
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 09, 2012
Upstate New Yor...
01/26/17 04:32 AM (7 years ago)
Thanks Dusko.

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Hopkins, Minnes...
01/26/17 11:59 AM (7 years ago)
That's a long list. I'll see what I can do. It looks like some of it is outside of the Menu with Image. @Calyso Kid, I will see what I can do with your iOS problems as well. I tried it and it didn't work to change the colors in my environment either.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Esher, UK
01/27/17 10:41 AM (7 years ago)
HTML Pro, 4.01 BT Hosted, ios. Just tried to download a buid including this plugin, instead of seeing folders of plugin code I see a file called OUTDATED_cr_html_pro.txt. If you download the self hosted version and paste the code into xcode manually, it works. The issue is that it is not packaged correctly for BT 4 download.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Esher, UK
01/27/17 11:13 AM (7 years ago)
Android packaging for HTML Pro also needs a look at.

chris1
Code is Art
Austin, TX
01/28/17 10:38 PM (7 years ago)
Just uploaded a new version of the plugin. This issue should now be resolved.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Esher, UK
01/29/17 04:23 AM (7 years ago)
Thanks Chris, probelms solved.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Esher, UK
01/29/17 04:37 AM (7 years ago)
Small bug in CR Menu Advanced cr_menu_advanced.java in CR_Menu Error:(15, 27) error: package com.turtlecreekclub does not exist replacing turtlecreekclub with the name of my app fixes that issue and lets the app comile, but I get plugin not found when I run it, I suspect there may also be an android packaging issue.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Esher, UK
01/29/17 04:40 AM (7 years ago)
I am having a problem in Android BT 4.02 with the Custom URL core screen. It will not display an external URL on my Sony Xperia (Android 5.1.1). All I get is a white screen. The same URL works ok in ios and also works in the same android project with HTML Pro, so I'm thinking it may be a bug in Custom URL?

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Esher, UK
01/29/17 05:35 AM (7 years ago)
Android 4.02 app, BT hosted, no vertical scrolling in Menu Simple and Menu Buttons core screens and in Plugins Menu with Image, using same test device as above. I'm finding the same problem in testing my own menu plugins too. Core problem?

chris1
Code is Art
Austin, TX
01/30/17 11:34 PM (7 years ago)
@AlanMac - never heard of turtlecreekclub. Don't think that's mine. Please try to download project again and see if problem still exists. With regards to custom URL problem - please send me your dataUrl so I can take a look. With regards to scrolling issue, I'm not having a problem with this? Please try again with current project (4.0.3) and let me know if issue still exists. Again, send me your dataUrl if still a problem.

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Monterey, CA
01/31/17 08:31 PM (7 years ago)
@Adnan Basra: It's been awhile since your post but I wanted you to know that we'll get some time spent on the strange text-direction as soon as we can. We've been putting all sorts of plugin fires out and had to back-burner Arabic text showing as ????? for awhile. We'll find and fix it a soon as we can.

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Monterey, CA
01/31/17 08:32 PM (7 years ago)
Hay gang. I can't find anything in this discuss that hasn't been found / fixed in iOS Core 4.0.2. We'll be pushing that out in a matter of hours and wanted you all to know that these posts are very very helpful. I'm thinking I see some light at the end of the Four-Dot-Oh tunnel. Yay! Once all the bugs are squashed we can get to making new things. So close!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.