Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 10    Views: 204

mrDavid
BTMods.com
Reg: May 21, 2011
San Diego, CA
01/21/14 10:08 AM (10 years ago)

BT30 - Day 17 - Contact Card now free for members

BT30 is my personal project to contribute to buzztouch: https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?fid=2348BA49BA5737C92E3D9B5&tid=2348BA49BA5737C92E3D9B5 Day 17 - Contact Card now free for members ------------- DESCRIPTION ------------- This is a old old plugin I made when the market was first opened, it was made with David's help and it was my first plugin submission ever (minus search which was made by David Book with minor help from me). Check it out and let me know if you like it! ------------- DOWNLOAD ------------- Download here: https://www.buzztouch.com/plugins/plugin.php?pid=0F0CA02F331CED307D7D023 Hope this helps someone. Cheers, David.

LeonG
Apple Fan
Reg: Nov 08, 2011
Hamburg
01/21/14 11:00 AM (10 years ago)
Hey David, very nice to offer it to members for free now! Maybe you fixed this for yourself some time ago: https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?fid=B06AF87BBE99C3B4F9FF6EE&tid=B06AF87BBE99C3B4F9FF6EE If yes, could you share, if no, any thoughts?

tb
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Nov 03, 2011
Oxford
01/21/14 04:38 PM (10 years ago)
Day 17 already!!!!! Wait. This is going past too quickly.

mrDavid
BTMods.com
San Diego, CA
01/21/14 05:30 PM (10 years ago)
@Leon sorry have not experienced that bug but know the transition should be set to default for it to work properly. I probably will not look into it for some time due to other projects. Hopefully someone else can take a look. David

LeonG
Apple Fan
Hamburg
01/22/14 02:02 AM (10 years ago)
Experience is just 1 click away. The plugin just does not look professional because of that transition bug. I will never understand that you dont at least try to fix it, but ok, we had that discussion before. I will ask Chris and Kittsy and pay for the fix then.

ATRAIN53
Code is Art
Reg: Nov 17, 2011
Chicago
01/22/14 08:04 AM (10 years ago)
^ Have you looked at the source code yourself? There's actually some notes in there that addresses this and you might find useful: /* Triggering the showUnknownPersonViewController method in this viewWillAppear method produces a better UI but also shows a message in the output console: "Finishing up a navigation transition in an unexpected state" This does not appear to cause any issues but may annoy some app developers. To remove this error, trigger the "showUnknownPersonViewController" in the viewDidAppear method instead of the viewWillAppear method. This will prevent the console method but will also show a flash of a white screen before the person picker controller displays. */ This is an awesome plugin that gives you access to the iOS addressbook framework and it's also Android compatible. I'm using it with that default transition and it looks very professional on both platforms. Thanks David and MrDavid!

LeonG
Apple Fan
Hamburg
01/22/14 08:27 AM (10 years ago)
Hey Atrain, so you don't mind that there is a white screen and spinning wheel in between the menu click and the contact screen? Cant believe that. I did look at the source code and found that part, but don't really get what to change there.

mrDavid
BTMods.com
San Diego, CA
01/22/14 09:45 AM (10 years ago)
@Leon, what you're describing is not a bug. It's part of the plugin. It's there for a reason: it shows that something is happening (it's loading in the backend, if we removed it it would look like the plugin froze). LeonG, I will say this in the most respectful and professional manner: **** please do not buy my plugins, and please do not expect any kind of support from me anymore. **** Just so we are perfectly clear: 1. It's perfectly fine to ask for support from a plugin developer (as expected), but spamming him via emails, pm's, and interrupting his threads - and badgering the developer when he says he has no time to look into it or is upfront about the situation - is not cool. 2. Even when I offer you support you do not ever listen to me, the last time we "did this" you would not stop harassing me over a bug that was not even mine to begin with, after I had told you several times that it was BT 3.0. Blows my mind that you did not "believe me" after several attempts to tell you it was not my bug. *** I even apologized to you. 3. Remember this one, as you won't get this from everyone Leon: I will always tell someone in honestly how long (or if at all) it will take for me to look into a bug or feature. I believe it is respectful to the people that you are offering support to give them a honest estimation of time or effort on my part in regards to that. I respect other plugin developers who do the same and do not leave users "hanging" with a "soon" or "I'll get to it". Last but not least Leon, I have a life and I have to juggle and prioritize things accordingly. I could make a whole new post with what I still need to do, both online and offline, but it might crash the forum, my list is so long and I am so far behind. If you want to know how many emails I get EVERY DAY you can ask that, I will forward each one to you as they come, then I will forward you the new ones that came during the time I was forwarding you the old ones. There are hundreds of really good people here on buzztouch that should be able to help you, but remember: everyone has a limit. You hit mine - be careful not to hit others. Throwing money at Chris or Kittsy will only get you so far, they are not hurting for money so bring along a respectful attitude and professional understanding that they also have projects to do and also have wives and a life to attend to before you. Please stop emailing me, please stop messaging me, and please do not post in my threads anymore. Don't expect any kind of support from me anymore and please do not buy my plugins. I hope you understand my post, I have nothing further to add to it. @atrain Thanks, we havent texted or chatted in ages, it's nice to see your post, sorry about this. Are you going to be in Vegas this year? I hope to see you there! David

LeonG
Apple Fan
Hamburg
01/22/14 09:52 AM (10 years ago)
David if sending you 1 PM and writing 1 post in 1 thread is spamming to you, wow... I am here a long time, helped tons of people and been helped by many people too. I do not have a problem with anyone except with you as it seems. Funny, well so be it. In your very young mind you probably think you sound wise or professional, but believe me, you will look different towards these kinds of postings if you are older. Good luck with all your work, I am sure the experts here will get the job done.

fusionsch
I hate code!
Reg: Dec 28, 2010
Montreux Switze...
01/26/14 04:07 AM (10 years ago)
Workaround for the transition issue is now available in the plugin review... Check it out!

mrDavid
BTMods.com
San Diego, CA
01/26/14 06:15 AM (10 years ago)
Cheers Fusion ;) David

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.