Don Javi
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 08, 2011
Burriana
02/25/14 01:37 PM (10 years ago)

show driving direction in Android, not work

Hello BT3 Android Do not know why but in the location map, the phone does not appear "show driving direction". Pin appears, but nothing else. You know that this happens? Thanks a lot

Moestress
Android Fan
Reg: Feb 12, 2012
Lynwood
02/25/14 01:50 PM (10 years ago)
Hey Don, are you using a dataUrl or from the control panel?

Don Javi
Aspiring developer
Burriana
02/25/14 01:52 PM (10 years ago)
Yes, why?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
02/25/14 03:47 PM (10 years ago)
The 'show driving directions' is a specific option. Was this option checked? On a device and not the simulator? Cheers! -- Smug

Don Javi
Aspiring developer
Burriana
02/25/14 04:02 PM (10 years ago)
In decide

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
02/25/14 04:23 PM (10 years ago)
in iOS, the show driving directions doesn't seem to work either, even on my device, with the option turned on in the CP. There was an update a few days ago to the Location Map plugin, and I was hoping it would fix the driving directions bug... but when I downloaded it, it gave my project a couple of ARC errors. After flagging the error'ing files with commands to turn on ARC support, it popped about 15-20 other assorted error messages, so I just gave up and went back to the old version of the plugin, living with the lack of driving directions lol.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
02/25/14 06:27 PM (10 years ago)
I can't promise I can do anything… But I'm curious 'where' the system is failing… I've looked through the code on both Android and iOS (at least, in the 'BT_screen_map' plugin) and the code is there, and 'should' be working… but many folks say that they're not. So I'm wondering if we could take a look and see 'where' the failure occurs. Or the lack of action, or whatever it turns out to be… Your screen map 'childItem' JSON should have a value similar to: "loadScreenWithItemId":"ShowDirections" - in any other plugin, this *should* be a GUID for another screen. Only in the Screen Map should you see 'ShowDirections'. If you don't have that Json, nothing is going to work. But if you do... in iOS this should start working around line 601, in the 'calloutButtonTapped' method. Basically it's just going 'hey, if a screen is called, go to the screen. If a direction is requested, move on to the 'showDirectionsToLocation' method… Shortly before all this happens, you 'should' see a BT Debugger statement roll through your output acknowleging the callout button was tapped… Make sure it's there. Then it moves on to 'showDirectionsToLocation', around line 661. It throws up an alert dialog box asking if you want to open the native maps app to show directions. If you say 'yes' it's supposed to launch a map view app… Does it go this far? in Android, you'll be looking in 'BT_screen_map.java' starting in the 'handleMarkerClick' method… the particular code is around line 630 or so… If it gets to here, it's moved on to the handler further down around line 668… However, you may need to add additional BT_debugger statements to 'track' progress; there aren't enough to satisfy me. Again, it probably won't fix the problem. But it'd be nice to know exactly 'where' the problem occurs; we might be able to fix it ourselves, or we'll have a lot of useful information for the BT Admins to fix it if it turns out to be a core issue. Just my thoughts… Cheers! -- Smug

Don Javi
Aspiring developer
Burriana
02/26/14 05:39 AM (10 years ago)
Nothing .. I've tried all ways and touched all the options, but does not work. Apart from this, some know her hanilite the gps service and routes? Type google maps ...

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Maine
02/26/14 05:44 AM (10 years ago)
Smug, the project I sent you last week has an example of the driving directions not working. Go to the food section, and then "locate this attraction" on any of those menus. In my CP, those are all set to show driving directions. But nothing happens when the event is tapped. I'm thinking it may be related to the issue I have with BT core 3.0 and many plugins that show buttons. For example, Mac Image Gallery, Location Map (showing user buttons from CP), and core files to show back/refresh buttons. They all add a blank white bar to the bottom of my screen, but no visible buttons. Not a big issue for me, since I use other methods of displaying what I need to, and most of those items I don't need anyways in this project... but thinking it might be all related.

Don Javi
Aspiring developer
Burriana
02/26/14 06:28 AM (10 years ago)
Angry Ninja, Know any way to simulate directions, because if you leave With Load Screen Nickname ... know any service that can be used by the custom url gps phone, make a position and make a path?

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Maine
02/26/14 06:43 AM (10 years ago)
Sorry, no I don't.

Don Javi
Aspiring developer
Burriana
02/26/14 07:03 AM (10 years ago)
Ok. Thanks Ninja

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
06/07/14 06:51 PM (9 years ago)
I just uploaded a new version with some changes to the iOS version. Let me know if you have problems with it. Thanks.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.