plkdelta
Lost but trying
Reg: Feb 20, 2014
Bridgend
02/21/14 03:07 AM (10 years ago)

Newbie, needs some help/advice

Hi All, I'm looking to make an app. How best to describe it......... I'd like an icon in the middle of the screen that you rub, the faster you rub it the higher your score. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction? Thanks Plkdelta

EdReyes
Lost but trying
Reg: Oct 21, 2013
location unknow...
02/21/14 03:13 AM (10 years ago)
@Plkdelta First is this for ios or android. second is there an existing app out there that utilizes this type of touch interactivity so we can have a reference, third welcome to buzztouch. -Ed

plkdelta
Lost but trying
Reg: Feb 20, 2014
Bridgend
02/21/14 03:19 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks Ed. I was hoping to do it for andriod. I can't think off hand if there is a similar app, but will look into it. Thanks for your response and welcome. PLK

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
02/21/14 06:13 AM (10 years ago)
Well… I'm not sure if I'm the right person to explain it, so take what I say with a grain of salt, lol! The rubbing could be considered a 'gesture' (and you would use the same 'term' in iOS or Android). Usually a gesture is 'thought' to be up/down, or left/right. For your project, you'll probably need to inform the user that a relatively 'uniform' gesture pattern is desired (either up/down OR left/right, but probably not 'all over the place'). I've never worked with that sort of code, although I bet it's included in the Scringo SDK (do they make one for Android?) You can find info on the web for Android by using 'gesture' with your keywords. This might pertain to your interests: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/937313/android-basic-gesture-detection Hope this helps! Cheers! -- Smug

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
02/21/14 11:24 AM (10 years ago)
A good place to start might be utilizing MrDavid's Scratch plugin. It's basically a lottery ticket scratcher, and although I have not yet explored it myself, my understanding is that the "rub the icon" gesture would already be in place, since it basically shows a picture underneath another layer of "rub off" color. You could just make the top layer transparent for your use. The code might already show how to determine if the user has started rubbing, is still rubbing, or has stopped rubbing. In Psuedo code, you could basically modify it to something like... If user is still rubbing then score = score++ score.label = score end if Again, I have not yet looked at the scratch plugin code, but just a thought to save you a little time, thinking that the gesture recognizers might already be in place. EDIT: My bad, just noticed that the scratch plugin is iOS only, and that you were hoping for an Android solution.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.