Discussion Forums  >  Config Data, JSON, App Refresh

Replies: 4    Views: 252

Bolitar
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 05, 2013
Swarzędz
07/21/13 07:15 AM (10 years ago)

App's configuration data loading problem

Hi! When I run my application on my device, there is a message: Something's not right There was a problem loading the app's configuration data. See the LogCat (console) output in Eclipse. (2) I made a validation of configuration data and the result is positive. When I run app on emulator, everything is OK. There are no errors in the Console. What should I do? Edit: The problem I've mentioned above appears on my tablet. I've installed my app on the smartphone and it works! So why doesn't work on tablet?

Jake Chasan
Veteran developer
Reg: May 13, 2011
location unknow...
07/21/13 09:11 AM (10 years ago)
Hi @Bolitar, Welcome to Buzztouch! Have you tried to clean the build. Delete the app from the tablet. Rebuilt to Tablet? Jake

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
07/21/13 01:03 PM (10 years ago)
Have you checked what it says in LogCat? Sometimes it'll give you exactly what the problem is...David @ Buzztouch has done an amazing job of including excellent debug comments in the code! Mark

Bolitar
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 05, 2013
Swarzędz
07/21/13 03:00 PM (10 years ago)
@ Jake, Yes, I tried cleaning the build and deleting and reinstalling the app. I see that the same problem occurs even when I run on my tablet a blank BT app.. May be something wrong with my device? It's on Android 4.0.4 @ GoNorthWest, here is a screenshot taken with LogCat Reader; there is a NullPointerException at the end.. http://postimg.org/image/nqdfn364n/

ajaxon98
Android Fan
Reg: Oct 20, 2013
Los Angeles
11/18/13 01:45 PM (10 years ago)
Was this ever resolved? I am having the same issue with Android. Anthony

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.