Discussion Forums  >  Status Bar, Navigation Bar

Replies: 4    Views: 305

GadgetWerx
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jul 05, 2012
Redlands
08/27/13 06:52 AM (10 years ago)

How do I: Make pages that look like this?

Hopefully you can see these links. I'm starting off with some simple interface stuff. I've got quite a few pages set up for a restaurant app and I want to have a few features like the ones in these links: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ptl1vf6asc4wcr5/03_Description.PNG Here, I just want to add a rounded rect with headline type and a description of the item. And at the bottom I just want a simple Continue button. https://www.dropbox.com/s/f6tqwrvrpmmop9g/04_Size.PNG Here, I want to set up the rounded rect with the menu inside and radio button (checks) on the right side. How do I do this? thanx, Scott

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
08/27/13 07:31 AM (10 years ago)
They both look like modified tableView screens. That could be done from scratch, or modifying a Menu screen. Of course, you could also accomplish the same thing in HTML using jquery, but keep in mind the Apple Review Board might not let it pass. For Google it shouldn't be an issue. Cheers! -- Smug

GadgetWerx
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jul 05, 2012
Redlands
08/27/13 07:45 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks, Smug. I'm looking for more info like that. There's a gap in my understanding about how BT works. I can easily link some pages together. I'm just not sure at what point do I switch to customizing stuff in xCode and Eclipse, or do I keep working with plugins. I hope more people reply. Scott

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
08/27/13 07:58 AM (10 years ago)
Worry not; the light will come on. It just takes time. And if you're planning to accomodate both Xcode and Java, then it takes a little more time than that. But it will come. I have a couple of plugins I've created that were 'so' easy in Xcode, that are a real challenge in Java. Then there are a few things in Java that were so simple, and in Xcode it's convoluted. But the more you work with them, the more you understand, so it's all good. With respect to the tableView/Menu thingy, the part you'll spend most time with would be setting you your tableViewCells... the tableView itself is just a container for the cell list... the cell itself is the one that holds your content/information. Snoop around the BT_screen_menu_simple, and then either Susan's Menu with Image, or Chris1's Advanced Menu with Image, to see how to extend them further. It's pretty neat stuff when it makes sense. Cheers! -- Smug

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
08/27/13 09:35 PM (10 years ago)
Yup, like @Smug says, it'll make sense eventually. Everythigng has a learing curve :-) I would... 1) Figure out the "flow" of the process. Order step 1, 2, 3, etc. Assume three steps. 2) Create three plugins by copying and pasting using the Blank Screen as the foundation (for now). Your class files will could be named orderstep1, orderstep2, orderstep3. 3) Get these connected. The blank screen and generic logic of these plugins will allow forward (right side nav button) and back without doing anything special. 4) Begin to think about how to customize each new plugin you've made. 1 would show the description, 2 would show the selectable options, 3 would finalize / finish. Your logic (sending an order via email, adding to a database, etc. will depend on the goal. Utimatley you'll need to get your head around how EASY it is to make a generic UIViewController (or Android Activity) to begin the process. At that point, making blank screens as "placeholders" for your logic, you'll have a better understanding of how it all fits together. Tip: Niraj has an awesome Multi-Item Select list plugin for iOS :-)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.