Discussion Forums  >  Audio, Video, Playing, Recording

Replies: 2    Views: 134

ianJamesPiano
Code is Art
Reg: Feb 13, 2011
Palm Springs, C...
04/23/12 02:38 AM (12 years ago)

Midi sound files small size

Hi, I was playing with MediaPlayer in android and discovered that it plays .mid (midi) files in Emulator and actual devices...Midi files are audio information that a device turns into sound...the file sizes for most full length songs are only around 5kb...most midi files can sound a bit cheesy but because of the tiny file size might be worth it...this could be a cool feature in future buzztouch plugins. ps. Garageband on mac does not export midi files, u have to buy Logic Pro to open up Garageband files to export to midi. ($$$) Reaper is a great program for recording and can export midi files both Mac and PC. :) example of midi file, play in browser or Android http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39276137/enya.MID

javooooo
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 17, 2011
Sydney, Austral...
04/23/12 02:57 AM (12 years ago)
Thanks for the idea Ian. Do you know if iOS plays MIDIs?

ianJamesPiano
Code is Art
Reg: Feb 13, 2011
Palm Springs, C...
04/23/12 03:08 AM (12 years ago)
I don't think it does on quick trying it, but i did read about IOS 5 supporting it?

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.