teamcaz
I hate code!
Reg: Jun 12, 2011
carlsbad
03/23/16 06:13 AM (8 years ago)

App loads extremely slow

Anyone know of a way that I can speed up the time that it takes for my app to load? I am concerned that after someone downloads it they will think that it doesn't work because of how long it takes to load. Thank you for any advice

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
03/23/16 11:34 AM (8 years ago)
The easiest away to do that would be to include any content that's more or less static with the app itself. That might be media files, images, HTML files, etc. Anything that requires the app to hit the network to download the resource will ultimately slow it down. However, there is a price to pay for that, and that is in terms of app bloat. The more you include with the app, the bigger footprint the app will have. But, I think having a fast loading app is probably more important than having a "slim" app. Mark

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/24/16 02:23 PM (8 years ago)

Gorgey
Apple Fan
Reg: Apr 21, 2016
London
05/02/16 10:20 PM (8 years ago)
Hi there! If your app contains a lot of features and if you have used top-notch graphics, it is likely to take some time to load and this is pretty normal, if I am not wrong! I am not a pro in such things, but as an app user, I can assure you that loading time is not a big deal if the app itself is worth using. Just ensure that it delivers!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.