Discussion Forums  >  App Store Approvals, Thank You's

Replies: 4    Views: 422

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
10/12/17 12:44 AM (6 years ago)

Guam Airport Guide v1.2 Approved in the Apple App Store

Those guys have automated everything, I think. Total time was probably around 30 hours from Submission to Approval. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/guam-airport-guide/id1105199038?ls=1&mt=8 There were no real feature changes; basically I just needed to update the app for the new iOS versions being released. All I really had to do was add a couple of additional icons to the binary, and upload the update. The only task in iTunes Connect was noting what the update entailed (updated for iOS 10.3) for each language. This will serve as my template for further updates until the official release comes down the pike. Basically I copied my previous BTv3 directory, and updated that version to be compatible from iOS 10.3 with no errors and no warnings. Because it is BTv3 I still use app delegates, and I don't use a database. But for the most part, it's not a biggie. 'Most' but not all updates have been documented and provided in previous posts, but if anyone has any specific question, I'm happy to chip in as always. Publicly. Not privately. And for the moment, I'm worthless on Android; I haven't touched any updates on that yet. Cheers! -- Smug

Calypso Kid
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 09, 2012
Upstate New Yor...
10/12/17 05:28 PM (6 years ago)
Nice Smug! How do you get real time (I'm assuming its real time) arrival and departures onto your app and where is the info coming from? I was going to ask if the airport paid you for the app, then I read the opening page. Checking out the weather from the app. Looks like the rainy season. Nice app, looks like there's a lot going on under the hood. Dave

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
10/12/17 06:41 PM (6 years ago)
Funny you should ask... I cheated, lol! The Airport has a website with a table of arrivals and departures (https://www.guamairport.com) and what I've done is I used a php script (http://sourceforge.net/projects/simplehtmldom/) and parse out only the arrivals and departure tables. I separate those into different pages in my app. One script displays only arrivals, one script displays only the departures. Here's the php that is on the 'departures' page: require_once("htmlparser.php"); // Pacific/Guam putenv("TZ=Pacific/Guam"); date_default_timezone_set("Pacific/Guam"); $html = file_get_html('https://www.guamairport.com/travel-information/flights'); $ret = $html->find('div[id=departures]'); echo "<!DOCTYPE html>\n"; echo "<html lang=\"en\">\n"; echo "<head>\n"; echo "<meta charset=\"utf-8\">\n"; echo "<link rel=\"Stylesheet\" href=\"./style.css\" />\n"; echo "<title></title>\n"; echo "</head>\n"; echo "<body>\n"; echo "<p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p>\n"; foreach($ret as $key => $value) { echo $value; } echo "<p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p>\n"; echo "</body>\n"; echo "</html>\n"; Not much to it; the HTML Parser does most of the heavy lifting! :) Weather (for the moment) is a quickie PHP Script using values from openweathermap.com, world weather online changed their API usage, and so I can't use SmugClimate plugin with them, and I haven't had time to modify it for OWM yet. Cheers! -- Smug

Calypso Kid
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 09, 2012
Upstate New Yor...
10/13/17 03:42 AM (6 years ago)
Sweet! I'm gonna tuck that little gem away someplace. I may find a Use for it some day. Guess I'll have to brush up on my PHP. Thanks for the info Dave

aquila198
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 22, 2011
location unknow...
10/14/17 06:10 AM (6 years ago)
very cool Smug! Thanks for sharing the backend of what's going on as well. I was wondering how you made the magic happen too - Very cool!!!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.