Vincenk
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Aug 10, 2013
BROOKLYN
08/22/13 02:44 PM (10 years ago)

How to setup Authentication URL for login screen?

1)I tried using "Authenticate with control panel" and then test the app. On login screen, I enter my own bt username/password and the error message shows saying login failed - your login credentials could not be validated, please try again, however, the "login" button turns to "logout", while I click the right button on the nav bar, it still says login required. 2)I also tried using my own URL, I have a website powered by wordpress. I just don't know how to "include two merge fields" as instructed. This is what I really want to do, and I think the "merge fields" should be pretty much the same for all wordpress powered websites, correct?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
11/14/13 02:34 AM (10 years ago)
I could be wrong but this is the way I 'thought' it was supposed to work… 1) To use the control panel, you need to 'pre-enter' the user in the users portion of the apps control panel. I haven't tried it, but that's what I understand is 'supposed' to happen… 2) Not sure about wordpress, although BT has a bunch of WP users… But to get the correct 'merge fields' you would use them in accordance with the BT Docs… https://www.buzztouch.com/docs/v1.5/mergeFields.php I've used merge fields for other than authentication, and it seems to work out ok… hopefully you'll find some success. But yell if you don't. Cheers! -- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.