Discussion Forums  >  Buzztouch News and Announcements

Replies: 11    Views: 270

Cakebit
Code is Art
Reg: Dec 15, 2010
In your local b...
10/09/23 07:16 PM (6 months ago)

📣 Upcoming Maintenance On Buzztouch.com

Buzztouch.com will have an upcoming maintenance window on Sunday, October 22nd. During this time the Control Panel will be unavailable. Apps, Configuration Data and APIs will remain functional during the entire duration of the maintenance. Approximate downtime will be 5 hours as we migrate the database. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience during this maintenance period. We will work diligently to minimize the downtime and ensure a smooth transition. The maintenance is expected to last from 12:00AM UTC to 5:00AM UTC. Here are the times in a few local zones: PDT: 5:00PM – 10:00PM (October 21st) CDT: 7:00PM – 12:00AM (October 21st) EST: 8:00PM – 1:00AM (October 21st) ### Technical Background ### Buzztouch is moving hosting locations. Currently, we're running on Rackspace and we're now moving to Digital Ocean (this is being done primarily to optimize costs and improve server performance as part of an ongoing server modernization process). The backend is also being updated to PHP 8.0 and MYSQL 8. ### Additional Notes ### Buzztouch is now proxied through Cloudflare. This should help the site load just a tad bit quicker. ### FAQs ### > My app relies on data hosted on Buzztouch.com, will it load during this time? Yes, all data and media will still be served from Buzztouch.com for the duration of the maintenance. > What change will I see on Buzztouch.com? Unfortunately, this change is almost entirely behind-the-scenes affecting the infrastructure running Buzztouch. While we've tested the platform with these tech upgrades for several months, with so many upgrades we've probably introduced some bugs. > Will there be an increase in pricing? No. If anything, I'd like to pass the savings we're making from the new hosting directly on to you, as users– but this isn't possible at the moment as that's a whole other payment system that also needs an upgrade (not related to this one!). > Will these updates be released for Self Hosted panels? Yes! Several people are already running the beta on their Self Hosted instances, giving us confidence to upgrade Buzztouch.com. The update to the Self Hosted control panels will be released independently of this upgrade. If you have any other questions, please feel free to comment. :)

SheriDee
Code is Art
Reg: Sep 23, 2011
location unknow...
10/21/23 01:00 PM (6 months ago)
Thanks for keeping this alive. She is back.....

Cakebit
Code is Art
In your local b...
10/21/23 04:06 PM (6 months ago)
We're about an hour out from the migration beginning. Please save any changes you may be making in your Control Panels. I will update this thread when the migration begins, as well as on completion. As always, feel free to reach out to [email protected] if there are any concerns. Thanks!!

Cakebit
Code is Art
In your local b...
10/21/23 05:02 PM (6 months ago)
Buzztouch maintenance has begun. During this time the Control Panel will be inaccessible. Apps, Configuration Data, APIs and Self Hosted builds will continue to operate as-normal.

Cakebit
Code is Art
In your local b...
10/22/23 02:24 AM (6 months ago)
The server migration is complete! We're monitoring the new hardware and will continue to do so as we move traffic over to it. There are a couple of issues specifically related to the database that may cause saving certain items to fail (or a white page to appear with an error). We're working through these issues– if you notice any in particular, please leave a note.

Gledy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 25, 2013
Fleet, UK
11/14/23 05:25 AM (5 months ago)
Hi Cakebit, If I try to delete a screen from the manage screen page, I get a white screen and nothing happens.

Cakebit
Code is Art
In your local b...
11/14/23 08:12 PM (5 months ago)
Hi Gledy! Thanks for the note. Apologies for the problem... I just pushed a fix to resolve this issue. (Behind the scenes we were calling a function that was removed in the latest PHP version, so now it's updated with a PHP 8.0 compatible replacement) :)

Gledy
Aspiring developer
Fleet, UK
12/14/23 06:17 AM (4 months ago)
Hi Cakebit, When saving a Custom HTML / Text page I get an error 'A problem occurred while saving the entries (2)' and none of the changes are saved.

Gledy
Aspiring developer
Fleet, UK
12/14/23 10:02 AM (4 months ago)
Hi Cakebit, When saving a Custom HTML / Text page I get an error 'A problem occurred while saving the entries (2)' and none of the changes are saved.

Gledy
Aspiring developer
Fleet, UK
12/14/23 10:35 AM (4 months ago)

Cakebit
Code is Art
In your local b...
12/15/23 01:59 AM (4 months ago)
Hi Gledy! I just pushed a fix that should patch this issue for the Custom HTML / Text plugin. Doing a quick search it looks like this issue may affect other plugins so I'll do an audit shortly to fix the others. (Let me know if you encounter any similar errors though!) Thanks

Gledy
Aspiring developer
Fleet, UK
12/19/23 05:50 AM (4 months ago)
Hi Cakebit, Thanks yes that's fixed it, but in turn my html checklist code doesn't want to work inside the plugin anymore, but that's a different issue altogether. Works fine in html pro so I'll just change over the plugins for it.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.